Beer and BBQ for Breakfast


The six fingered Hound Dog Taylor is an American blues slide guitarist extraordinaire who collected vintage postcards.


This proud polydactyl (doesn't that sound like a dinosaur name) has a raw vocal style that is very youtubeable. The song, Wild about You, will have you tapping your foot and craving beer and bbq for breakfast.


I wouldn't mind an extra finger if it would upgrade my typing tempo!


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.
vintage postcards, old postcards , antique postcards

9 cool cats commented:

Lori said...

Okay, is everyone like me squinting at that picture trying to see the extra finger? :)

Marie Reed said...

I can't really see the sixth digit. He had an extra one each hand until he cut one of them off when he was drunk! Ugh!

smilnsigh said...

Pretty cute hound dog...

Miss Mari-Nanci
Smilnsigh
Photos-City-Mine

Starman said...

There is NOTHING in this world that would have me craving beer and bbq for breakfast.

Anonymous said...

Six fingers sounds almost wicked. I listened to part of the Wild About You song on TouTube and assumed this was during the 1950s as the styles seemed more like that or perhaps in the 1960s.

The dog is priceless.

Pat said...

Both hound dogs are cute! One has six fingers and one four, or five, I guess if you could the dew claw. I'm about to Google Hound Dog Taylor... Another great post, Marie.

David said...

Marie, my daughter had a cat with only three toes on its front paws (usually 5). One cool, strange cat.

Katie said...

Anyone who collects vintage postcards is A-OK with me!! I've never heard of Hound Dog Taylor, so I'll definitely search out his music. He seems a lot happier than the hound dog!

Blog Bee said...

That dog has a huge head!