Barrely There Vintage Postcards


The advantage of these spiffy swimming trunks is that they float!


Lake Keuka, NY, is a feisty wine region. They produce out of this world Riesling and fine woody couture.
These vintage postcard safety seekers have very inventive life preservers on! Here's Noah sporting a more traditional model.



Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.
vintage postcards, old postcards , antique postcards


9 cool cats commented:

Jan Ross said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog - I appreciate it! Where in the world do you find all these interesting post cards??

Marie Reed said...

I have 300,000 postcards! I bought the stock from a Parisian merchant who was retiring. He had a charming little shop in the 12 district that I loved poking around in. I live and breathe postcards. cough cough.. It's a bit dusty:)

Maria said...

Thanks for your nice comment on my blog! That dog is really amazing... ;>

Your summer picture with the kegs is really funny! Imagine you have to bring this heavy barrel with you when you go to the beach...
On the other hand, you don't have to wear bathing clothes!

Have a nice day!

David said...

Marie, 300,00O postcards - OMG! What an interesting story, I've bought a few cards from vendors while in Paris, it's amazing what you can find. How long did it take you to catalog the collection? Where do you store them.

Lori said...

BARRELly there -- I get it! Where do you come up with this stuff, Marie? :)

Is that Johnny in the second picture? He's soooooooooooo cute!!

Olivier said...

cette carte est tres amusante ;o)))
this postcard is very fun ;o)))

Profile Not Available said...

This card is funny! I agree with Olivier! They would look great with a coat of paint... ; )

Daryl said...

Neat .. AND I love the new old photo of you on the sidebar!

And YES I am still a very hippie dippie chickie!

:-Daryl

Louis la Vache said...

hehehe
"Louis" hopes their barrel-ly couture is not also splinter-y couture! It could be VERY uncomfortable!