Growing Up Vintage Postcards


My blog is growing up. Hooray, I'm a big girl now!


My blog has a new domain name.
cpaphilblog.com The new address is short, sweet, silly, sharp, sunny, sugary, sassy, social .. and any other adjective starting with an 'S.'

Editor: Does that include stupid?

Marie: cpa = cartes postales anciennes = vintage postcards in French
phil = philately = the study of stamps

Editor: It's too bad that the word GEEK doesn't begin with an 'S'!

I also have a new and nifty blogicon. It shows up when you bookmark me with a waving French flag. You can get one too via Cara:)



Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.
vintage postcards, old postcards , antique postcards

14 cool cats commented:

Katie said...

Cool new name is right! Especially now that I know what cpaphil stands for. This little girl looks so sweet. Love her little braids!

Memphis Mimi said...

I just love your site and the history behind the postcards is fascinating.
I didn't get quite through the entire site but I will be back.

Olivier said...

elle est si mignonne cette petite sur cette carte postale, je trouve qu'elle fait un peu "statue de la liberté"

she is so cute this little on this postcard, I think it makes a little "Statue of Liberty"

Pat said...

If I have to have an addiction, it's at least a healthy one: to your site! Or is "healthy addiction" an oxymoron...?

Thanks for the explanation about cpaphil!

David said...

Marie, everyone has to grow up - what a very creative domain name - a great fit indeed. Love the photo of the little girl, she reminds me of my youngest daughter at about the age.

Lori said...

You are so funny with your banter between Editor & Marie! Congratulations on your Super* blog growing up!

*I tried to think of a big word that starts with an S but I couldn't. I think I hurt my brain.

Greg C said...

Super blog. I like the name. I have some interesting vintage postcards that I will someday show off. One is a prayer postcard for JFK.

Steve Buser said...

Congratulations on the new URL and all that sophisticated stuff. I got a URL and all but getting it linked up to Blogger was more than I wanted to do when I first started. Maybe I could make it work now.

Identity Crisis said...

Your site is very aesthetically pleasing!

Profile Not Available said...

So refined, your blog! Love this postcard of the little girl. I have a similar one of my grandmother in a really huge hat.

M.K. said...

How 'bout "scintillating"? That's a fun word!

Betty Carlson said...

Or subjugating? Your blog is so cool, whatever the domain name.

But watch our for those blog/child comparisons. That's just when our little blogs start to have disciplinary problems...

jekung said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jenny said...

I'm so proud of you :).