Force Fed Pepeye


I force fed the kids Popeye last night. Johnny had never heard of the iron fortified cartoon character (who would have like vintage postcards)


Johnny: Mom! I don't want to watch TV. I want to go play soccer.
Me: You sit down on that couch pronto buster! You. Popeye. Popcorn. Now.


John Boy asked to eat spinach with dinner tomorrow. My brainwashing clicked! This is culture kids.

Here is the very first Popeye episode with a bit o' Betty Boop to boot!




Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.
vintage postcards, old postcards , antique postcards

5 cool cats commented:

Oleanderman said...

Huge fan of Popeye - but I still can't stand spinach. Guess my mum's brainwashing wasn't as powerful as yours... :)

Pat said...

I love spinach....and Popeye, and just adore Betty Boop.

Lori said...

Did you used to sing the Popeye songs when you were little? To the tune of the Popeye theme song:

I'm Popeye the sailor man
I live in a garbage can
I eat all the worms
And spit out the germs
I'm Popeye the sailor man

And the less child-friendly:

I'm Popeye the sailor man
I live in a frying pan
I turned on the gas
And burned off my @$$
I'm Popeye the sailor man

Hoooo, good times, good times.

M.K. said...

Loved that fun clip :) I watched it with my darling-daughter. But Betty Boop was a bit riske, yes?

Unknown said...

Thankfully I can still sway my kids that way too..lol! I used to watch the Popeye movie over and over again as a kid and I still 'eats me spinach'

Sweet Pea ;)