Grape Nutty Vintage Postcards



Grape Nuts is a shrapnel flavoured breakfast cereal which was
developed by C.W. Post in 1897.



There are neither grapes nor nuts in this icky invention. The original recipe called for using grape sugar and I suppose that you are nuts if you eat it!


I admit it. Grape Nuts are my favorite cereal. I'm on vacation in the States surrounded by lovely breakfast options ... blueberry muffins, pancakes, bagels, English muffins with butter oozing through all of those nooks and crannies.



All I want is Grape Nuts! I wonder if I can find them in England!


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.
vintage postcards, old postcards , antique postcards

6 cool cats commented:

M.K. said...

Shrapnel flavored??? Your humor cracks me up!

Actually, Grape Nuts is one of my hubby's faves. But he has to eat it with Chips-a-hoy cookies on top. I just need a mountain of sugar to get them down.

David said...

I love Grape Nuts when I was a kid, but now it's like eating gravel. Each to his/her own. But blueberry pancakes, that's a different story.

Marie, hope you're enjoying your holiday. My four week vacation is about to end and I'm back to work on Monday.

Anonymous said...

You want Grape Nuts when you have those delicious pancakes in front of you! Crazy! I admit, Grape Nuts are good...but pancakes are better! :-)

Pat said...

I love Grape Nuts and eat them all the time when in the US!

I'm back from vacation and trying to catch up on all my blog visits.

Very soon, perhaps by the end of next week, I will be posting some photos of our Greek vacation, during which we were accompanied by a small Serbian traveler (mystery man...) who helped us see Greece through his eyes... Stay tuned...drop in.

Louis la Vache said...

Since you are offering to e-mail things, why don't you be a sweetheart and e-mail "Louis" a stack o' them blueberry pancakes?

(Editor to "Louis": 'Mme. la Vache will kill you for using the word sweetheart with another woman!

"Louis" to Editor: 'Not only that, she'll kill me someday for referring to her as Mme. la Vache!')

Blog Bee said...

I love Grape Nuts. I think they look like grape seed and are delicious on yogurt!