Hula Hoop Vintage Postcard


In Ancient Greece Hula Hoops were made out of dried stiff grapevines! A droopy Tarzan vine just wouldn't do the trick:)


Citizens hooped as a serious form of exercise.


Watch out Socrates .. Roxanne Rose has the current hooping record. The American went 90 whole hours in 1987. I better start practicing!


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.
vintage postcards, old postcards , antique postcards

7 cool cats commented:

Starman said...

I never could quite get the hang of that darned thing.

Pat said...

Oh, boy , did I love to play with a hula hoop and was quite good at it. Around the waist, arms, or neck, over the arms, wrists...and I could walk the dog with it, too. (Meaning you sort of flip the hoop out in front of you on the ground and do so in such a way it goes forward for a while, then back to you.) What fun.

Betsy Brock said...

Wow, does this bring back memories! I had so much fun with my hoola hoop when I was a kid! Never went 90 hours, though! LOL

Katie said...

I love the top postcard of the girls and their Hoops. They look so happy! I wasn't much for the Hula Hoop; I preferred my pogo stick!

Anonymous said...

9 hours? That's a lot of Hula!

David said...

Marie, never could do that - left the Hula Hoop to my sisters. It I had 90 hours to waste it would be with a Hula Hoop.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Takes me back to childhood. Maybe have to go down the toy shop and see if I can still do this.