Vintage Postcard Bicycle and LightLane

vintage postcards

Camille Bagot would have adored LightLane. It's a concept safety gadget that paints a bike lane around your bicycle with laser light as you pedal through the night.


The system projects a virtual bike lane on the ground providing drivers with a recognizable boundry that they can easily avoid! (found on Boing Boing)

I have 210 bicycle vintage postcards in my CPAPHIL.COM shop - keyword 'velo.' Come browse through history!


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

21 cool cats commented:

Catherine said...

Danger have evolced, so do safety gadgets.
Nevertheless, I prefer watching your postal card.

Natalie said...

Bonjour, Marie!

What a great idea! Loved the postcard, too. xx:D

Pat said...

That is one very useful gadget. I'm going to Google them to see how much they are. I don't bicycle regularly, but I know people who do.

Pat said...

Forgot to say that it must have been so hard to pedal in those skirts...and since there was no Shout then, it must have been a chore getting the grease out.

Phyllis said...

Hi Marie!

I see that you left a comment on my blog and had to come by for a visit. You have some very interesting vintage things and I will definitely visit you again.

It is very nice to meet you!
Phyllis

Sparky said...

Oh, that is so cool! Any device that helps us be careful around others is a good idea. ♥ ∞

Cynthia Pittmann said...

Oh, I think that is me in the top vintage photo---or at least who I might have dreamed myself to be! <3

ChaChaneen said...

Very cha cha post today! I lurve the postcard, very pretty! And how cool is that bike technology!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Love this idea..great post...hope you have a safe and blessed day. hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Oh my! My weakness. . . vintage postcards!!!

M.K. said...

That is SO nifty - all bikes should have that!

Tess Kincaid said...

One of my favorite vintage postcards has girls and a bicycle. Lovely.

Anonymous said...

That postcard reminds me of the mean neighbor on Wizard of Oz. For the life of me, I can't remember her name!

Those lights are cool.

Starman said...

That's a great concept. And definitely needed on some streets in Paris.

Carver said...

That is such a cool idea. I love the vintage postcard too.

Polly Forns said...

I actually think the Light Lane is a really cool idea! lol

Ragamuffin Gal said...

How do you do it ~ come up with new and unique posts every time! I love reading your blog and seeing what you'll do next! Katie

The Blonde Duck said...

It reminded me of that song, "Daisy, daisy.."

Devon Coles said...

Is that a bare midriff? Oh, those sexy French postcards!
I want the light lane for my dog's collars . . . then I can see where they are when I let them out at night. Maybe project a cute doggie symbol behind them, just the keep the bears on their toes.

Pietro Brosio said...

Very nice postcard!
The gadget is really fanciful!
Have a nice week ahead

Peggy said...

You just can't beat a woman riding a bike in a long dress! What daring fun! :-)