Did Napoleon Jump on his Bed?

vintage postcards

This Flickr albumn only includes photos of people jumping on their bed! Yahoo!! It's time to play Superman! I'll be giving this a whirl:)


Here is a vintage postcard of Napoleon's bed. I wonder if he ever gave it a good hop!


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

15 cool cats commented:

Tim said...

Napoleon's bed looks like a great place to read Russian novels, speak of better days and plan a trip to Paris perhaps. I love checking in on your blog Marie!!!.

steviewren said...

I don't think many modern sized people would get a very good sleep on Napoleon's bed. It looks like it was built for a child. But it would make a nifty day bed for reading and daydreaming upon.

Betsy Brock said...

That looks like fun! When my 4 boys were small they would use our bed for a trampoline...all at the same time. They loved it.

Ragamuffin Gal said...

I would say yes that he did! Cause who doesn't jump on their bed? Of course he may not have gotten a whole lot of bounce going. I love the picture of above of the "perfect jump!"

ChaChaneen said...

That is hilarious!

Mishi said...

Hey Marie! This is Mishi from "The rest of my life so far...". Just wanted to say that I love your style.

Devon Coles said...

You'd need to ask Josephine or Marie Louise . . . I'm sure they knew his hopping habits... um...intimately, LOL.

Anonymous said...

That looks kind of uncomfortable and un-bouncy. No wonder he supposedly told Josephine 'Not tonight!'

Starman said...

I would think twice before jumping on a bed like the one of Napoleon. One could easily injure oneself that way.

Polly Forns said...

Marie, I got to see the Napoleon exhibit when it travelled to Memphis, TN several years ago. It was fabulous! So yes, I loved that particular postcard.

Katie said...

What a teeny looking bed! Maybe he wanted to look really big in it, and not get lost in the middle of a King-Sized bed!

Anonymous said...

His bed's so little and he's so little, I'm sure he did bed jumping.

soulbrush said...

no, i think he was too stodgy to bed-jump.

ByLightOfMoon said...

Well, What a Beautiful Bed Napolean had! But, I do have to admit I jumped on my bed when a child. I always wanted a trampoline. I also made tents to play in.

Thanks for sharing Marie, Smiles, cyndi

Nancy said...

I believe I saw Napoleon's bed last summer in New Orleans. There was a complete exhibit of his items. It looks like the same bed they had there.