Basilique du Sacré - Coeur de Montmatre in Paris Vintage Postcard

vintage postcar

This is the bell from Basilique du Sacré - Coeur de Montmatre in Paris. It is the largest bell in France. It weighs in at 19 tons and has a diameter of 3 meters! This is one of my favorite cards. I feel like I live and breathe history through it:)


Here is a modern photo of the church but.... I have 581 Sacre Coeur cards in my cpaphil.com shop. Have fun browsing through history:)


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

11 cool cats commented:

Anonymous said...

Hey Visiting from SITS. You had me at vintage post cards.

XO
KAty

Pat said...

Wow, I thought "le bourdon" t Notre Dame in Paris was heavy at 13 tons. I love the area around the Sacre Coeur, and Montmartre was my last Paris address, sniff, sniff.

Vodka Mom said...

Marie-I love this! En passant, je suis déjà à vous suivre!

xoxoxo
debbie

Spök-spök said...

Another great postcard!

Sutapa said...

Thanks for your visit and adding me in your fav list. I love your collection of post cards they are simply great.
Your friend always.

lorhen82 said...

What a great historic photo! ~Lori

Maria said...

What a beautiful photo of Sacre Coeur! Unbelievable that bells are so heavy!!

love said...

Thank you for your visit. I'm glad to hear you have a long engagement! When you told me about your future wedding in France...well interesting because my goal is to shoot 90% of weddings abroad. Abroad from the US that is.
I've been telling everyone about your cool cards. I love old movies and they go right along with this theme.

Bella@That damn expat said...

I LOVE Montmartre!

Starman said...

While I'm in no way religious, I do love the architecture of cathedrals in Europe. Sacre Coeur is near the top of my list.

Catherine said...

I leave in this area. When I'll hear it I'll remember these informations. I guess this postcard is very rare !