Poisson D'Avril Vintage Postcard

vintage postcards

Jeanne Dupont loved fish and her son so much that she knit him this sweater. He subsequently changed his name, disowned Maman, and moved to Tahiti. The sweater was burned.


I have 41 similar vintage postcards in my CPAPHIL.com shop:)

These beautiful and fishy cards were sent out for the French holiday Poisson d'Avril!


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

15 cool cats commented:

Sandy said...

New nice layout I see! =) Cool.

And of course lovely postcards, as always =)
I hope you're doing fine!
Best wishes
/Sandy

islandgirl4ever2 said...

Hi Marie I...

Lovin' the St. Valentine design... I love the postcard... Beautiful....
Hope to meet you sometime... You're not a far drive from us... We may come down sometime to meet you! Happy Obama Day! Leesa

Pat said...

I can hardly wait to see what you'll post on the real Poisson d'Avril day! (I'd have burned the sweater, too.)

Mim said...

Just found your blog thru Bibi's - great stuff. I have alot of old postcards - and I'm enjoying yours!

ByLightOfMoon said...

CUte STory MArie!

Smiles, cyndi

lorhen82 said...

How fun and quirky! ~Lori

Daryl said...

LOVE the V-Day header ... and the fish sweater is a hoot

Sparky said...

That was cute. I think I would have burned the sweater too. :o)

I love your new layout, by the way. It's so pretty and friendly! :o) ♥ ∞

Spök-spök said...

i want that sweater! Too bad they burned it...

The Blonde Duck said...

These postcards crack me up!

Vodka Mom said...

i love it, as usual. I also ADORE your new look! You are so talented, my friend.......

Ming said...

I would wear that sweater!

Starman said...

What's really needed is one of those 'talking' fish.

The Rustic Victorian said...

Oh goodie! I love your site,,I must look some more as I love old postcards.

Anonymous said...

Aside from the color (yellow) this sweater is totally rad!