Retro Stewardess'

vintage postcards


I'm hopping on an airplane today! I am going home! I'll be wearing my lucky holy jeans, floppy sweatshirt, and clutching a fleece spiderman blanket:)


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

16 cool cats commented:

Pat said...

Oh, soooo Sixties! Can you imagine stewardesses (whoops--flight attendants) wanting to be portrayed like this nowadays? And as for the passengers, nobody dresses up to take a plane anymore, like they often did in the Sixties. Now it's more like hopping on a bus. Don't worry---I dress casually, too, and take along my Bucky pillow to sleep on.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how awesome! Back in the day when we could call them stewardesses. Ahhhhh..

Vodka Mom said...

Are you going somewhere??? Have a lovely, lovely trip. (I wanted to be a stewardess when I was young so I could look like that!!!)

Tess Kincaid said...

Are you coming or going? I wanted to be one of these girls, too, when I was young! Sooo glam.

Marie Reed said...

I am going home back to France! I was in New Hampshire visiting my parents:)

Daryl said...

Leaving on a jet plane, dont know when I'll be back again ...

Have a safe trip home

Anonymous said...

No unbreakable corsets there! (Maybe a pantie girdle, though. LOL) Safe journey home and stay well.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, the awesome days of REAL stewardesses.

Sparky said...

That is adorable! I miss those styles and how nice it was to fly. You know, it's hard to believe but that those dresses were considered *racy* back then!
Sparky :o) ♥ ∞

ChaChaneen said...

Lurve the photo! Have fun going home! See you when you return!

Betsy Brock said...

Yea! Have a wonderful trip!

Anonymous said...

Marie,

Did you have your jeans blessed?

I am so disappointed that I never got to fly when it was an actual luxury instead of the cattle car it is now. Hopefully you had roon to stretch out on your flight!

MuseSwings said...

Those 60's stewardesses ( I prefer to say stewerdi) were stylin'!

~M. said...

Great blog!
I love these dresses!!!

Starman said...

But I thought France was your home?

ByLightOfMoon said...

Awesome ladies and they were respected then. I have to admit I did wear my skirts in the early
70's that short. I had to go down with my knees to not show anything! Beautiful colors!

smiles, cyndi