Sock Monkeys Heart Vintage Postcards

vintage postcards

Hoorah for this funky sock monkey! Everybody needs a Hindu goddess in sensible elasticized wool:)

Editor: This is a vintage postcard blog. Cough up an image pronto. Stop monkeying around!

Marie: Take that you stickler! You've just been kitsched!


Bibi found these especially groovy sock monkey links!

www.craftinthecity.co.uk/a-pair-of-sock-monkeys/

rarebirdfinds.typepad.com/rare_bird_finds/200...

The Wonder Woman sock monkey at rarebirdfinds is Fabulous!


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

21 cool cats commented:

Natalie said...

Hilarious. Love it.xx

Pat said...

That is really funny! I am going to Google sock monkeys to see if there are any other take-offs on the classic one.

Marie Reed said...

Bibi! If you find something groovy please send me the link:)

The Blonde Duck said...

That is a funky monkey!

Peggy said...

Ooooh, I'm awash in nostalgia. I love sock monkeys, and your photo is a corker!

Joy Jones said...

Hi Sweetie! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and offering to help with my French document. It's fun to discover new blogs and your is wonderful!!! I really enjoyed this post because I have a collection of Sock Monkeys that date back about 50 years. You've inspired me to pull them out of the closet and post about them soon : ) I've bookmarked your blog so I can visit again ~ until then, Merci~ ~ xo Joy

Retro Heather said...

Hilarious! That's the kind of thing you don't just stumble across every day.

Daryl said...

I am SO LOL at these monkey pix

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Too funny I so remember making these for my kids...years ago..thanks for coming by and seeing my birds...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Tess Kincaid said...

FUN-eeee!!

Sparky said...

My Grandma (my mom's mom) used to make Sock Monkey's in the 1950's / 60's and I would always get a new one when we visited her in Orlando, FL. They are wonderful gifts for small children. I didn't know they were still popular. Thanks for the happy memory! That was fun!
Sparky ♥ ∞

Marie Reed said...

Yep. Sock monkeys are all the rage .But.... 150 bucks for the wonder womùan model is nuts!!! I can't believe that price tag!

Starman said...

Does anyone know the story behind the Hindu statues having several arms?

Claremont First Ward said...

Oh my goodness. I'm dying who doesn't need a Hindu goodness sock monkey? :)

Ming said...

Oh now I want some tea...

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if I want to laugh or be afraid of this sock monkey! But I'm going to have some tea while I'm thinking about it. :-)

Summer said...

This is too funny! My son has the "original." Maybe I could get this one for my daughter!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Found you via Blonde Duck! Love your blog (and I LOVE vintage postcards!) Thanks for sharing the sock monkey stuff! Sock monkeys with boobs...HILARIOUS!

Have a lovely Friday!

angelandspot said...

Oh, that postcard is too cute. Love it!

grace said...

a sock monkey shouldn't be bettered endowed than i amm... :):)

Unknown said...

Oh I LOVE this! There are so many funny sock monkey pictures/post cards out there!