Edible Vintage Postcards?

vintage postcards


These are melt in your mouth vintage postcards! The images are printed on wafer paper with food safe ink. You just spackle the wafer onto your cookie or cake with a bit of icing. Voila! Your gift is done:) It's ready to bestow on your beloved... or yourself!

fancyflours.com ...Isn't that a clever name?


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

21 cool cats commented:

Pietro Brosio said...

Very funny wafer postcards, and interesting too!

Cynthia Pittmann said...

Oh these are fun! What a treat for V-day heart-throbs.

Catherine said...

I wonder how you find all these novelties ? So funny, and delicate at the same time.
A pleasure for the eyes, first, then for the mouth !

June said...

How the heck do ya get the ink in the printer lol ... Seriously what a fab idea and so lovely a gift
Hugs June x

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

I love this idea! What a wonderful way to celebrate Valentines Day!

I've said it before...I love coming to visit you!!!

Hugs!

Sparky said...

I think Hershey's also still has a chocolate 'postcard' one can send at Holidays and Birthdays. I've always wanted to do that! I think it's a sweet way of saying "thinking of you". :o) ♥ ∞

Leah Kleylein said...

what a unique and cool idea!! I love this!

lorhen82 said...

It seems kind of a shame to eat something so beautiful...but I'm sure I would get over it! ~Lori

Pat said...

They have these here too, but not such beautiful motifs...it's all Barbie and Sponge Bob...

Unknown said...

That is so cool! I guess they put those on cakes? Thanks SOOOOO much for directing me to your Stork post! You are a wealth of information! I had NO IDEA that people wanted Storks to build their nests on their roofs- so they would instal wagon wheels....so cool!

Sandy

papel1 said...

Now thats a tasty looking postcard. Never seen those before.
Judy

Starman said...

I don't think I've ever seen one of these, although according to Google, you can buy wafer paper (better known as rice paper).

Retro Heather said...

How adorable! I didn't know that such things existed.

Marie Reed said...

I even found a website where you can buy a rice paper printer! DIY... 400 bucks later:)

Mimi Lenox said...

They are lovely!

Anonymous said...

They're so beautiful! I don't even know if I could bring myself to eat one!

Unknown said...

Mmm, so many postcards, so few recipes...

Mescrap said...

Hmm...I don't think i'll put them into my mouth :)

islandgirl4ever2 said...

Oh my!! Those look YUMMY!!!!

Joe Narvaez said...

Edible? Cool!

Anonymous said...

I know fancyflours.com very well. They sell cupcake decorating supplies! I blog about cupcakes and have featured their online store many times.