Wine Cask Hotel Rooms!

vintage postcards

These snug as a bug hotel rooms in Stavoren are made out of recycled wine casks! Aren't they Hobbity? They once held 14,000 liters of yummy wine...... hiccup! I wonder what they smell like inside and if you would dream of Dionysus at night?


Read more at boingboing:)

Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

20 cool cats commented:

Pat said...

I would LOVE to sleep there!!! What fun.

Sheila said...

I saw a review of this hotel just the other day. I do wonder if you go down to breakfast smelling of old wine, or greet the morning with a headache!

Love the card!

dmarks said...

Very hobbit-like.

Postcardy said...

I'd love to stay there. I wonder if the walls are curved inside.

M.K. said...

How adorable! Like being back in the womb? My hubby longs to live in a hobbit hole. Perhaps this will suffice?

Cynthia Pittmann said...

I don't know if I could sleep in the Hobbit's round room (close)but I would like to try just for the adventure and just for a night. Love to post card too!
<3

Polly Forns said...

Ooh, I love the "ladies at the lake" enjoying their favorite. I could not, howevr, probably even enter the teeny, tiny room. Evidently I have some claustrophobia :)

Irene said...

I did stay in one of these "hotels". When I visited Poland, they were actually very roomy, and no they didn't smell of wine. Our were all separate, so the WC were in a common building along with the showers, much like a campground. But they were very novel in the 70s. Try it you'll like it.

ChaChaneen said...

I thought the same thing about the smell. Sweet dreamzzzzzzz

Alice said...

I really loved this. I think it would be fun to stay in one also.

raquel roysdon said...

I would love to go inside. Did you ever receive the earrings that you won from House of Raquel?

Pietro Brosio said...

Very funny indeed! But wine, alas!, is not among my favourite drinks... :-)

Starman said...

I didn't notice a spigot anywhere.

Unknown said...

Oh these look amazing, I would love to stay there.

dmarks said...

I suppose they could make some "drink and sleep" deal with winos. They'd start out with a mostly full cask, with enough room to float a raft for sleeping in the top. Then they can drink it down as they go.

Mojo said...

What a cool concept! But I'm afraid I'd start having Edgar Allan Poe flashbacks if I stayed there.

Patty said...

OMGosh! It would be awesome to stay in that hotel. I miss the vintage pictures on your blog. Sorry I've been out of the loop for a bit.

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

I would totally sleep in one of those rooms! I bet it's cozy....

(my giveaway is up and open to the world!)

Lene said...

Ohh, yes, please. I would like to stay a coulpe of nights in one of those rooms :)

By the way - the easter card is really beautiful :) Happy easter :)

The Missive Maven said...

Deeply, deeply awesome. I too want to stay there!