Geishas, Candy Sushi, and PFF!

vintage postcards


New to Postcard Friendship Friday? Welcome!! Go read this to get started:)




Have you heard of candy sushi? This sweet treat uses just a few ingredients. It's simple dimple to make too! Fruit roll - ups serve as your seaweed. Rice krispies mixed with melted marshmallows can be rolled around your favorite candy to form your kooky roll. I like sour gummy worms myself! Happy Postcard Friendship Friday:) Could you pass the chopsticks?

vintage postcards

43 cool cats commented:

Müge Tekil said...

Sweet postcard in perfect harmony with candy sushis! :-) I had never heard of that kind of sushis. They must be delicious! :-)

Have a nice day,

Ciao ciao!

Evelyn Yvonne Theriault said...

What a great idea for a party - even for kids!
Evelyn in Montreal

Postcardy said...

Sounds like a fun idea, but I think dried fruit would be better than Rice Krispies and marshallows. I hate marshallows (unless they're roasted in somemores).

Sparky said...

That's cute and looks so yummy!!
Happy PFF!

Betsy Brock said...

Oooh...swedish fish! Yum! I actually remembered to join in the postcard fun! yippee! :)

Chris Overstreet said...

My brain would explode upon getting a taste of candy when expecting raw fish and seaweed. I'm sure that the friends pictured would agree.

papel1 said...

I don't like most sushi but maybe sweet sushi might be to my liking.
Judy

Katie said...

I'm getting a sugar rush just looking at the candy sushi! I'll have to try that sometime. I like the postcard too!

lorhen82 said...

Sure looks better than real sushi...YUK!

steviewren said...

Cute idea! For my daughter's baby shower my DIL made baby sushi using baby socks for the filler. I've forgotten what she used for the wrapper though. She put them on a tray with chopsticks and wrapped it in see through cellophane.

Catherine said...

Nice idea to promote Sushis with young generations. Your traditional Japanese women on your cards wouldn't approve though. Young Japanese surely would, they do such crazy things.
Have a great Easter week-end, Marie, filed with chocolate. You so much wait for it.

MuseSwings said...

I love the postcard and the sushi are so cute! I'll have to try making some. Happy PFF!

Shey said...

HHmmmm, looks yummy! Very colorful too. Might be a great treat for my nieces. I know they would have fun choosing which one they'll eat next.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

Sweets, even first thing in the morning, no problem with me! :) I haven't heard of candy sushi before, but a great idea!

Paul van Yperen said...

Sweet sushi? No, thanks. But I do like your postcard. Very nice colours, and the three geishas are so sweet.

Lydia said...

The sushis are simply beautiful, Marie! I wonder what children would think to find them in their Easter baskets. My postcard on Wednesday was of a snowy range in Trinidad, Colorado, link. Happy PFF!

Four-eyed-missy said...

Yay, gummy worms!
Kids will surely love candy sushi :)

I'm back for this week's PFF. I know, the past weeks I went pffffft!

Postcards Crossing

Daryl said...

I have joined in the postal fun this Friday ...

That is one sweet postcard, Marie

Linda said...

Nice postcard..umm..no thanks on the sushi though, LOL. Blessings

ChaChaneen said...

I am loving today with all the vintage postcards! And I LOVE Candy so bring it on the sushi! Happy Easter blessings!

Virginia said...

That sushi is hilarious. I'll come a lot closer to eating that than the real thing! The postcard is so cute.
V

claude said...

Sorry Marie, no time today to comment.
I will come on tuesday again. Happy Easter !
I found two old postcards. I will show them on line soon.

twinkle teaches said...

Mmm the candy sushi looks so tasty!
tina :)

MuseSwings said...

Loved your comment about practising for Easter! Made me laugh out loud. I'll practice later by putting a few Peeps in the microwave for a minute. They puff up about 5 times thier normal size. Sorry Peeps.

Pearl said...

Ohhh Marie... I Love this beautiful postcard! And the Whimsical Sushi is simply Darling! My youngest son is a Sushi~Lover... so I'll be printing this for him to create 'n enjoy. Thanks, as always, for sharing...

I hope 'n pray that your Easter Holiday is filled with Joy and endless Chocolate!

~blessings~
Pearl

Margo said...

I love the pretty card AND the candy sushi. We made these at my 13 year old daughters birthday sleepover. They are a little on the sweet side (an understatement :) but everyone loved making and eating them. I think my dog got a hold of a couple of them too. Yes, even I ate one. Happy PFF. Sorry so late in joining!

Starman said...

Hmmm, candy sushi? Well....it's different.

KARNA said...

I LOVE the sushi candy!!!!!

Amy said...

I did not do a post card this week. Since I did my RR. I hope you have a great weekend. I love the candy sushi. I would eat it for sure.

Amy said...

Thanks for doing my Round Robin.

Master said...

Hi Marie
Happy Collecting and Happy PFF
Whenever you get time, do visit http://mycoolcovercollection.blogspot.com/ and don't forget to leave a comment.
Can you please drop me one of your recent picture at my email?
Love
Cheema

Eddy said...

Very nice postcard with this Geishas : I want to go to Tokio eating Sushis...
Happy PFF and happy Easter ;o)

Anonymous said...

Candy sushi is something I would actually like!

Anonymous said...

Marie:
You have inspired me! I have started a new blog, just on postcards.
viridianpostcard.blogspot.com

Mike Casey said...

Maybe you could use hardened twizzlers and/or chocolate pretzels as chopsticks and then eat them when you're done! ;) Wow, I'm getting hungry for candy now...I would've gone crazy over that as a kid. Gotta have your sushi and gotta have your candy.

Aimee said...

Candy sushi...probably the only kind I'd try!

Unknown said...

I love the candy sushis! That is too neat! Thanks for sharing.

Leslie said...

I'm here to deliver you raspberry truffles (virtually that is!)

Thanks for stopping by!

Katie said...

Cute candy! This would have been a fun April Fools food too:)

Barbara Ehrentreu said...

Marie, my sister-in-law is Japanese and she brought these back from Japan once. They're great!

I wanted you to know that I am giving you an award!
It is the "Makes My Heart Smile Award". I am linking you to my blog and you will see the award.:)

Congratulations! Your posts always make me smile.:)

Lewis B said...

I love the candy sushi... it's 7:20 AM here, yet I'm having a strange craving for sushi =)

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love what you've done on yours!

Celine said...

Candy sushi!! Way cool!! :D

Pat said...

Now that is really cute. I like sushi anyway, and this is just fun, fun, fun.