The Super Lamb Banana Vintage Postcard

vintage postcards 
The 17 foot Super Lamb Banana of Liverpool, England needs a cape and it's own comic book.


It's superpowers include wowing tourists right and left! It represents the port's rich history in the trade of lambs and import of the tasty torpedo shaped fruit.
The funky statue also has punchy political power. Super Lamb Banana is meant to suggest to the public the dangers of genetically modified food.

This vintage postcard gal gives the big hunk of steel two bananas up!

Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

15 cool cats commented:

claude said...

Bananas from Martinique are the best ones ! Aver there we visited the babana museum with large field.
I have some banaatrees. They are under some bubble wraps yet.

Pat said...

'Yes, we have no bananas, we have no bananas today...'--la, la, la!


Here they sell a candy that is banana flavored inside (like a marshmallow) with chocolate coating.

Margo said...

Super lamb banana would have scared the heck out of me and given me nightmares when I was a child. Other than that, I'm a big banana fan. Have a great weekend, Marie!

Unknown said...

What a funny statue! I'm all for alerting people about GMO's!!!

Beth Niquette said...

What a lovely postcard. She is so regal and queenly. A gorgeous graceful woman. I wonder what her story was?

ChaChaneen said...

Happy Saturday my beautiful friend! That makes me want to have Banana's Foster now! Yummy!

Stacy Uncorked said...

That Super Lamb Banana definitely needs it's own comic book and cape - it's quite impressive! LOL!

Stopping by from MBC's Follow Me Club - I'm your newest follower...nice to 'meet' you! :)

Starman said...

How curious. I looked at the yellow "thing" and thought, gee its tail looks just like a banana. Then I read your caption.

Sparky said...

Fun-ky! The artist needs to let the drugs wear off ...

Betsy Brock said...

I'll take mine frozen and dipped in chocolate, please! ...that's the banana...not the lamb! :)

Catherine said...

The main course and the dessert all in one ! Good !
At least it gives a sunray and a funny touch, not to say a smile to the city of Liverpool.

Sara K said...

Wow - I just don't know what to say about that....

Mike Casey said...

Banana chops, anyone?

Postcardy said...

Two great cards. The statue is kind of scary.

Jane Hards Photography said...

I have seen this in person. They had a competition to name it. I thought that someone would do better. Looks like it's made form the above play doh.