Postcard Friendship Friday - Tour de France in Saint Fargeau!

vintage postcards

The 3,500 kilometer Tour de France will be passing through Saint Fargeau this year! My little town is buzzing with activity. The main drag of road has just been repaved! The shiny black ribbon of asphalt doesn't really match the rest of the town but.... I zipped my bike down it this morning. It was thrilling! vintage postcards



New to Postcard Friendship Friday? Welcome!! Go read this to get started:)




Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS



40 cool cats commented:

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

I must say your town and you are very lucky. It's an honor to have Tour de France pass from the town you live :)

Red Hair Fellow

Chris Overstreet said...

The Tour de Georgia (no, really) passed through my town last year. It tied up traffic for three hours.

No PFF this week? I missed last week and was all ready... :(

claude said...

I already watched the Tour de France over here, on the road between Le Mans and Tours. Two years ago, it was near here and my son who is Gendarme Reservist worked for the security.

MuseSwings said...

How exciting! Both to host the Tour de France and to ride the road on you bicycle!

Paul van Yperen said...

Good Morning,

You chose a wonderfully dark card for this friday, Marie. I love the humor of it. Congratulations with hosting the Tour de France. Do you ride a bicycle yourself?

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

The Tour went through a small town I was in some years ago. The cleaning up operation was incredible. I don't suppose the riders ever notice, but probably there is always the chance of the town being caught on television!

I have to apologise for not having filled in Mr Linky before. Something I was running has been blocking it, and I couldn't see it was there! :)

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

And I hope the poor little girl was all right!

Pat said...

Congratulations to Saint Fargeau! I will try to watch pieces of the T de F on Eurosport, and I expect to see you along the road in Saint Fargeau. Don't end up like this lass....

Pearl said...

A Lovely and interesting post, Marie! I've just put up mine, for PFF, and hope you'll be able to stop by... Children in Chick Costumes! LOL
Hope all is well with you...
~blessings~
Pearl

Lydia said...

Happy PFF, although the little girl on this postcard looks like she could use some cheering up (and a nicer brother!). As usual, my postcard appears on Wednesday; this week is The Language of Flowers with a note written in Finnish.

Your bike ride sounds so charming, Marie!

Eddy said...

Hey, It's one of my favorite sport (with football of course).
My first name come to "Eddy Merkx" because my father was a great fan of "tour de France".
Happy PFF

Master said...

I wish I could witness Tour de France and above all I wait for the day to see the beautiful country France.
Keep visiting
http://mycoolcovercollection.blogspot.com/

Love

Ana said...

Happy PFF!

ive always wanted to have an older brother...but certainly not someone like this one :)

Vodka Mom said...

Marie- I loved the card. Have a kick ass weekend!!!

Je souhaite que je pourrais venir et vélo avec vous aujourd'hui !

steviewren said...

How fun to watch the participants of the Tour de France race past you in your own hometown!

Polly Forns said...

Oh, the postcard was CUTE! I know you are so excited and proud to have the Tour de France come through your little town. How EXCITING!

Postcardy said...

The tour sounds exciting. Is that boy really running over the little girl?

Why the old Mr. Linky? I thought I was late, but then I saw I was already on the list?

Margo said...

This postcard cracks me up. I love the look on the little girl's face. That sounds so exciting having the Tour de France come through your town. We always love following the race here, and seeing so many beautiful parts of France. Have a great weekend!

Daryl said...

That maybe the funniest postcard I have seen in a long time .. okay I am now wanting to play ... so next Friday I will join you .. I am sure there's something I can post to work with this clever theme!

Amy said...

OOps I did a double post. I did my post on last weeks also. I think not sure. Sorry about that. I hope you have a great weekend. Off to see the Easter Bunny.

Sparky said...

Now I like this postcard! It's two wheels just sans the motor. [giggle] Happy PFF pal!!

Chris Overstreet said...

Sneaky, starting PFF after I go to bed! But thanks for listing me; now that I've been on the list for 10 hours, I have posted my entry. :)

King of New York Hacks said...

That happens a lot here in NYC !

papel1 said...

We had Lance Armstrong and other racers come through Mariposa and it was quite thrilling when they entered the town in high speeds and quickly left. Really busy so took yesterdays blog entry and added PFF which you already stopped by.
Judy

Judith Richards Shubert said...

Great postcard. Enjoy the Tour de France. Lucky you!

Catherine said...

Try to find something funny to do in front of the camera when the Tour will pass at Saint Fargeau. Maybe running at the side of one of the racer.
That way we'll recognize you !
Have a nice week-end Marie.

Maytina said...

I think this is my fave postcard to date!! [found you through SITS]

fortuitous faery said...

lucky you! take pictures!

that boy seems to be running over the girl with his bike!

Starman said...

The biker must be a Parisian.

MuseSwings said...

I enjoyed another round of PFF visits today! Thank you for hosting the very enjoyabe PFF's!!!

Evelyn Yvonne Theriault said...

Please let us know the exact day it passes through your town so I can see if I can get a look.
Evelyn in Montreal

Linda said...

LOL. Thanks for the cute card. Enjoy the race. Sorry I am late today, just so busy. etc.

Sara K said...

The Tour (de) California passes though Santa Rosa every year....

Ms Cupcake said...

That postcard is so sinister!

Ms Cupcake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ms Cupcake said...

Fat fingered typing. Here is the link I intended to post.

Easter Postcard for You

Click to enlarge photo.

Wendy said...

Hey there... just wanted to let you know I featured you over at passionforletters.com.

I love your Postcard Friendship Friday!

ELH said...

I love that postcard for this post. Very eerie.

Rosemary said...

I just joined the list.
Thank you,
Rosemary

Anonymous said...

you must keep us updated on the tour de france, how fun for you to get to ride your bike on the same road all those athletes will be on! take pictures of it to show us.
also that fish was huge, that could feed a whole town!