Tu Nous Les Casses!

vintage postcards

We bought the sweetest little hamster yesterday! The boys named her Rosie and are very happy campers. She just figured out how to use her wheel so it's squeaking away as I type:)

This reminds me of my college years! A French friend of mine (Cyril!) always had trouble pronouncing his h's when speaking English. The letter is silent in French so it's extremely diffucult to say. I used to always make him repeat the sentence : Harry the hamster is going to hell! It always made us die laughing. I miss him!

20 cool cats commented:

Chris Overstreet said...

Of course, no mention of your ulterior motive: with your impending marriage, you no doubt wanted to study her nut-breaking technique closely.

Pietro Brosio said...

Hamsters are so pretty: they go on the wheel so quickly!

Polly Forns said...

Arry the Amster....how cute! Have a happy weekend!

Lydia said...

Welcome to a happy world, little Harry!
About your friend......Heck, he had hardly honored Harry the Hamster before handing him over to hell. :)

Cynthia Pittmann said...

Marie Isabelle, Oh can just see you giving "h" sound instruction! Your cute helping prank is delightfully naughty! Did your friend ever learn the h sound? Your playfulness is charming and enjoy the hampster!xx <3

Sheila said...

I'm afraid this reminds me of a dreadful joke of my husband's. The punch line is: "Tulips from Hamsterjam". He used to regale all his Dutch colleagues with it.

ChaChaneen said...

I've been on blog hiatus last week and visiting my friends again today!

How adorable Rosie is! I'm looking forward to more Rosie photo's! Rosie at the Cafe! Rosie at Work! Rosie at the park! ha ha

Jane Hards Photography said...

You ccruel but funny woman getting your friend to repeat that sentence. Hammy is a cutie.

Catherine said...

Because you pronounce the "H" ?
Hopefully, I just write my English.
"H" are difficult. As well as "R" in Spanish.
Have a good Sunday, Marie. Just a week left, and you will be able to eat your Easter chocolate !!!

Sparky said...

Eeekkkk! A mouse! ha ha
Very cute picture. Have fun with your 'amster. [giggle]

fortuitous faery said...

oooh, but let's not condemn rosie the hamster to hell, now! :P

Marie Reed said...

The cat has been staring at the hamster all day long!

Mescrap said...

Have fun playing with your new pet.

Indie said...

He's adorable.

Betsy Brock said...

Rosie--how sweet! I love pets!

Unknown said...

OMG this reminded me of how I used to breed Hamsters for a pet store when I was a teen. You should get the plastic bubble so it could walk around your house in it..LOL!

Sandy

Shey said...

hehe, I can imagine not hearing the 'h', "Arry"! I actually like the accent.

Just dropping to say "Hi!" and wanted to let you know I gave you the "Valuable Reader of the Month" award. My way of showing I appreciate you for visiting my page often.

Shey_strides

Pat said...

Whom do you miss---Harry or Cyril Ha, ha!

I love hamsters---we used to have some. I'd kind of like one now, but think Bibi would find it too attractive....

Unknown said...

I had a few Hamsters as a child and they really do make great pets.

curiousdomestic said...

So cute! Hamsters are fun pets. My Hammy liked to eat spaghetti.