Poisson D'Avril and Taj Majal

vintage postcards

This Poisson d'Avril vintage postcard reminds me of my dear Daddy-o who took me fishing every weekend when the weather warmed up! My Pop has an amazing singing voice and is quite the whistler. As we fished he would always sing this little diddy from Taj Majal. I swaer that the fish bit better when he did!



Come join all of the Monochrome Maniacs on Monday!

22 cool cats commented:

Anonymous said...

Well, for mono - I prefer the Girl's Day Out below.

Marie Reed said...

I'm posting this for Monochrome Monday! Does it have touches of colour? This colourblind girl can't tell! I'm crossing my fingers:)

soulbrush said...

ha ha now it's mono monday, cool.

Anonymous said...

What an enchanting photo...

Roan said...

Love the fish. Great card!

Joe Narvaez said...

I love the girl's mischievous smile! hehe

Catherine said...

And you share your secret with us !
Fishes can't resist. Better than a bait ? So kind of you. I'll remember this, and when other fishermen will look at me enviously, I'll show this innocent little look at them.

Sparky said...

What a neat Daddy-O you've got. I used to fish a lot when young too. God bless! :o)

Betsy Brock said...

What fun memories! I love it when I hear an older man whistling a cheery tune! :)

Tanya Breese said...

My grandpa used to always take me fishing, so much fun I had with him :)

Clueless in Boston said...

Love the old postcard. Like your site too.

Linda said...

Waving to you..I am afraid I have fallen behind in posting and replying. Blessings

Daryl said...

Wonderful ... glad to see you here!

Anonymous said...

The fisherman's friend - or is she thinking of delivering a fishy slap. Saucy thing.

Mojo said...

There's maybe a red tinge to the text, but it's not really noticeable unless you're looking for it. Probably the ink faded over time in that corner or something.

I wouldn't have given it a thought if you hadn't mentioned it.

Julie said...

I always loved that song. Love the old postcard also. I have several old ones from my mother in law and her folks.

Pietro Brosio said...

Lovely postcard. There is an advertisement in our tv which has roughly the same scene.

Starman said...

I like the way TM plays.

Postcardy said...

I wonder why so many (it seems like most) early French postcards are monochrome when most of the cards from other countries are colored.

Carrie said...

Wow. What a unique and interesting site. I don't think I've seen anything like this on the web before. Great work ladies!

Barbara Ehrentreu said...

Great seeing Taj Mahal again. We met him one summer when his daughter was in my daughter's camp. We ate lunch with him and then we saw him perform at a club in the Hamptons in Long Island and went backstage and hung out with him. He is so cool!! Thank you for putting this here. I had forgotten how great he is.:)

dmarks said...

Thanks for posting this song! I like it.