Jesus hearts P's

vintage postcards

This is an uncommon French Easter vintage postcard complete with daisies and flying bells! I wonder why Jesus' face didn't get put in the big letter P. Isn't it his big day? Shouldn't his gentle face gaza at us from the beginning capital?

Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

20 cool cats commented:

Pat said...

Good point. Hmmmm....

claude said...

What a nice card, Really pretty nice !
Marie, I am very busy this week and I will post automatically an old post card this week.

Sparky said...

I know why, but I'm not putting it here. [wink] Pretty card. ((Hugs))

Dreams said...

Hi!
I'm Yolanda from Málaga, Andalucía (Spain).
The card is very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kiss
Yolanda

Heather at My Coupon Coop said...

Ack! That kind of scares me! :-O

Daryl said...

Strange ... but interestingly so

Marie Reed said...

It certainly isn't your typical chicks a bunny filled Easter card!

papel1 said...

Your postcards are always different. Interesting.
Judy

Ragamuffin Gal said...

What a HuMdiNgEr of an Easter Card. Whose picture is on the P anyway ~ hmmm, I think I'll investigate further. Happy Easter Blessings far away friend!

Catherine said...

Well-observed Marie.
They certainly thought that Marie should accompany her loved Son.
Maybe a serious card that was sent for a Communion. Like these religious little cards that was given to young children at that time.

soulbrush said...

another interesting card. there is an award for you on my blog marie, with hugs.

Pietro Brosio said...

Easter is the great day of Jesus, indeed. But also of the Virgin Mary, Mother of God.

Starman said...

:-/

Unknown said...

Great and interesting card.
Happy Easter!

Eddy said...

Marie,
again a few days, and Ester chocolate comes :o)

Rune A Karlsen (Bildebloggen) said...

Thanks for the nice comment, the picture you commented on is published by Rune :o) Our library is terrific and the modern. Welcome back :o)

twinkle teaches said...

What a pretty Easter card. I like it even though it isn't a warm fuzzy card.
:) tina

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

I like that card, it reminds me of how as children my sister and I used to thank the bells up in the sky for the eggs and chociolates that we had found in the garden. We used to live in France.
Isabelle.x

Gail said...

Wow how do you consistantly find such lovely cards? Really nice! Happy Easter!

WOODBURY CONNECTICUT said...

I believe there's a story about the bells flying back to Rome after being silent during Lent.