Tweeting Vintage Postcards

vintage postcards

Have you ever seen the Tweety bird cartoons in French? The lisping and lovable canary's name was translated to 'Titi'. Sylvester, his arch nemesis, is called 'Gros minet' It's pretty darn adorable in any language!

  • « Z’ai cru voir un rominet ! » (« I tawt I taw a puddy tat! »)
  • « Mais oui, mais oui ! z’ai bien vu un rominet ! » (« I did ! I did taw a puddy tat ! »)
  • « Messant rominet ! » (« Bad old puddy tat ! »)





Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS


24 cool cats commented:

hayleycreates said...

Your blog is amazing! Thank you for saying hello on mine. Now I know of yours and can keep coming back!

Sharing with Sherri said...

Bonjour,
merci pour visiter mon blog ! J'ai été étourdi pour voir que vous êtes de la France !
Donc vous aimez le thé ? Je fais aussi ! Mon préféré est de l'épice orange !

J'espère que vous revenez me visiter encore un jour !

au revoir,
Sherri:)

P.S. I used a translator to write the above!

Pat said...

Am currently a victim (since last Thursday...) of internet havoc, so I haven't been checking blogs! Been using scheduled posting from friends' places.

I still LOVE Tweety and Sylvester. I almost bought a T-shirt with Sylverster's face on it in Seattle that read "Theattle"

The Stylish House said...

Hello Marie,
So wonderful to discover your amazing blog! I am going to poke around here some more. Have a wonderful day! ~Cathy~

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

What a great blog. And I too karate chop my spaghetti! Thanks for your kind comment on my blog.

Sparky said...

That is an adorable postcard! And I love those Sylvester cartoons. They are some of my fav-or-ites! ((Hugs)) :o)

Chandy said...

Very nice postcard and I love that it's purple!

Clueless in Boston said...

Great post. I have always been a fan of Tweety and Sylvester too. Who wouldn't love them?? I like today's postcard too. Where do you find them?

Pietro Brosio said...

Here the cartoon is called Gatto Silvestro e Titti!
Today Google is written in Morse code: have you seen? It's so nice! [www.google.fr] :-)

deb famularo said...

Bonjour
I adore your blog!!!! Et vous est tres jolie!

Merci por votre commentaire sur mon 'blog!'

I took French many many years ago, c'nest pas bien!
xOxO deb

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful vintage cartoon! In any language, Tweety Bird is a riot!

The Blonde Duck said...

I loved that puddy tat!

Eddy said...

"That's all folks !"

PeterParis said...

Still, after how many decades (?), we (I) still must laugh loudly with Tom, Jerry & Co...! :-)

Randi said...

Wonderful blog! Thank you for sharing Titi et Gros Minet, I do believe they are more comical in French than in English. The postcards are beautiful, I love the child holding the spaghetti box- absolutely adorable in that vintage way. Thanks as well for sailing over to the Cardboard Sea and saying hello!
-Ginger

Starman said...

J'adore Titi et Gros Minet!

twinkle teaches said...

Love the tweet card! How tweet! I could do this all day lol.
Tagged you on my blog, Marie. :)
tina

Betsy Brock said...

I haven't seen that cartoon in years....very cute!

misselaineous said...

thanks for stopping by & commenting on my blog. you are my first "out of the USA" commenter. Cool! I don't speak french...apologies to my 11th grade french teacher...but i'll be back often. love the vintage postcards...and tweety, in french or english, still makes me laugh! *elaine*

pchickki said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today and for the nice comments you made on my post about Corsets>

I have looked through your blog and it is just delightful. You have some really neat post cards there. Are they copyright or royalty free and if so do you mind if I use a couple in my collages?

I enjoyed reading your blog and look forward to reading more.

Tweetie has always been my favorite!

Nice to meet you Marie
Patti

Beth Niquette said...

How perfectly adorable! Thank you for sharing that--I LOVE Tweety Bird. (grin) And the postcard is so very lovely.

Jane Hards Photography said...

I tawt I tor a puddicat. Oh I love Tweety pie. Cute just so cute. I see my future here, birdlady.

Catherine said...

This bird seems to try going back in its nest on this young lady's hat.
These 2 characters are my son's favorite at this time.

Mike said...

Its just about as funny even when I can't understand the language (despite taking four years of French in Middle School.)

Nice blogging...keep it up!