Facebook Pirates

vintage postcards

I found a new sea rover inspired Facebook setting. You can change the language of you page tp English (Pirate) Beta! It tweaks your page to look like this:

Inbox = Bottle o' Messages
Log Out = Abandon Ship
Friends = Me Hearties
Search = Scour

Go to Settings - You'll find that in the top right hand corner of your page
Click on Languages
Choose English (Pirate) Beta from the drop down menu - It's in the middle of the menu along with a few other Beta settings

There are treasure chests full of 'Pirate Speak' surprises to be found. Arrrrg!

Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

17 cool cats commented:

Pat said...

Shiver me timbers. What will they think of next?

Rosie said...

Marie
You are the coolest!

Catherine said...

And you even get a charming postcard to go with !
Cooool.
I'll tell my children, maybe it exists in French ?

Marie Reed said...

I didn't see it in French but that would be even better!

Anonymous said...

So cute...

Daryl said...

How fun ..

Happy Passover!

steviewren said...

Those kidlets are too cute to be pirates!

dmarks said...

I be a land-lubber, arrrr. Never done facebook yet.

Pietro Brosio said...

Funny drawing! Do you believe I've never visited Facebook?!

Sparky said...

I'll have to change mine. Thanks for sharing! I love to play the game Pirates at Facebook. But I still need more Crew so that I may advance to another level? Anybody interested? I can send an invite. :o) Y'all don't have to play if not interested, just let me add to me yer name to me Crew. Arrr ... [lol]
I like the postcard too.

Starman said...

It looks like a model for a Hummel figurine.

dmarks said...

The Hummel Pirates did not last long at sea. A few storms and the resulting unfortunate tumbles from the rigging left them as shards of porcelain on the decks.

lorhen82 said...

Love it...ARRRR!

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting!

Paramjit said...

This is most interesting!

Tammy said...

too much fun!

stopping by from the Follow Me Club at MBC.

Unknown said...

I love the Pirate English. If you haven't tried this yet, you must.