Cup of Joe Vintage Postcard

vintage postcards

Kopi Luwak coffee comes from the droppings of this little cute critter. It's an Asian Palm Civet!


The coffee berries which pass through his digestive system lose their bitterness on their way out. The gourmet civet also selects only ripe coffee berries to munch on.



A regular cup of Joe is made from ripe and unripe coffee beans. Coffee harvested from civet poop will run you 50 bucks a cup in a fancy pants restaurant. Cheers!


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.

13 cool cats commented:

Webradio said...

Hello !

Où trouves-Tu toutes ces vieilles cartes et affiches ?

Betsy Brock said...

Hmmmmmm. I think I'll stick to the good ol regular beans!

Tess Kincaid said...

Okay, now this is something I did not know.

Ming said...

That's gross. I'm glad I don't drink coffee!

ayamlin said...

Hello!
maria taught me your blog!
Because I'm Japanese.
few days ago you updated the article about Japanese Zori.
Thank you!I'm really pleased to read it:)
You live in France!
I wanna go to France. but I've never been to France.
I wanna go to Mont Saint-Michel
and go shopping to flea market!
I learned to make macaroon from French chef one week ago.
but my friend said " macoroon in French is much better than it in Japan. probably it's related climate. "

Anonymous said...

I am always in search of the perfect cup of coffee but this might be going too far. I'll just stick to Starbucks and dream about a bitterless brew.

David said...

Coming to Starbucks soon, make my a grande - hold the Civit droppings!

My Vintage Studio said...

Thank you for sharing your postcards and stories! I love your art!

Sharon

Starman said...

I think I can live without coffee from civet poop.

Lori said...

Well... alrighty then! ;)

Katie said...

Oh the wacky things I learn here! I'll try to forget about the Civit when I have my morning cup of joe!

soulbrush said...

omg how yuk!

Virginia said...

That's just plain wrong! Ewwwww.