Twister History

vintage postcards
Let's twist again! Milton Bradley was accused of selling sex in a box after they released the phenomenally successful action game Twister in 1966.


Johnny Carson demonstrated the game on the "Tonight Show" along with the low cut gown wearing Eva Gabor who was a guest that night. vintage postcards




With Eva splayed out on all fours on the polka dot vinyl mat, Johnny twirled the spinner and took his turn. When he climbed on top of Eva, the studio audience went into hysterics, screaming and laughing. More than three million copies of Twisters were sold during its first year of release after that show!


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.

14 cool cats commented:

Oleanderman said...

You know the weirdest stuff :) Twister was a great way for teenagers to... 'get to know each other better' I seem to remember...

Jane Hards Photography said...

I'm neorelix, teenage parties.

Lori said...

My 3 kids and our cat were playing on our fleece Twister blanket not long ago. They weren't using the spinner, though, so I think they were really playing See Who Can Sit On Someone Else's Head First.

rainer said...

So its very cold in Franc, too...
We have to turn on the heating tomorrow, I think!
My hubby feels cold long before I do, so it's just the other way round with us! :)
Yesterday he made tea!

Maria said...

Sorry, I wrote with my hubby's identity :(

Pat said...

Gee, sex in a box... Twister seems so innocent nowadays.

Starman said...

I am sad to report that I've never played the game.

Catherine said...

Aussi curieux que cela puisse paraître, j'arrive de chez Maria qui a cité ton blog à l'occasion d'une remise d'award.
C'est tout à fait mérité! Ton blog est épatant, rafraichissant, un petit peu nostalgique.
J'adore le fil conducteur des cartes postales. Bravo, pour toutes ces idées.

David said...

Marie, we always thought that it was so naughty to play twister. All those body parts in motion, who knew what would happen.

Things here have slowed to a manageable pace, thanks for asking. It's good to have friends!

Tess Kincaid said...

Thanks for the trip down memory lane! We thought it was so cool to have our very own twister game. I'm guessing it was in about 1970.

Mescrap said...

Knew the game but only know it's name after you post it!

Anonymous said...

Ah Twister...I remember it well! Survival of the fittest as I recall.

ayamlin said...

Hi marie!
I really like this card:)
it's very cute.
By the way I have many postcard written by RAYMOND SAVIGNAC:)

soulbrush said...

gosh i remember this, great fun.