Barbie Vintage Postcard

vintage postcards


Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts. Millicent? Poor kid:) Isn't this card psychedelic cool! I suddenly have the urge to put on my Abba records! vintage postcards


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.

16 cool cats commented:

MuseSwings said...

I didn't know Barbie had a full name! Millicent. How....urbane...poor thing. Wonder if Ken does? Kenworthy, Kenniston, Kenneth, Kenton...

Lori said...

I have a confession -- I had to Google this to be sure you weren't making it up. I should have known better than to doubt you. ;)

Anonymous said...

Poor Barbie! To have the name Millicent lurking beneath all of that flash. Shocking!

Marie Reed said...

Lol! I'm not a liar liar pants on fire:)

Marie Reed said...

Ken's last name is Carson!

Daryl said...

Was she named after someone's wife at Mattel? I am betting she was ...


PLEASE .. no Abba!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-Daryl

Marie Reed said...

She was named for the inventor's daughter:)

Tess Kincaid said...

I love your new profile pic! And it looks like you, too! You inspired me to change mine. I get easily bored. :)

Anonymous said...

I had forgotten about Francie! She was before my time anyway...Skipper was still around though.

I think Barbie was named after the inventor's daughter...Barbara Millicent...maybe she was named after her grandmothers?

M.K. said...

Get a load of that hair!! Teenagers with bangs? Hair bows? The big flip? Whoa!

Starman said...

Most people named Millicent are called Millie. I like that.

David said...

Marie, Barbie lives in Willows, Wisconsin. She's just a small town girl, living in a lonely world.

soulbrush said...

adore all abba music, but never been a barbie fan...suppose because i have only sons...will have to learn all about little girls soon.

Betty Carlson said...

The card brought back a wave of nostalgia -- I hadn't thought about Francie for a long time! I wonder if she's still around...

Mescrap said...

Lucky my daughter still in very young age, still no idea who is Barbie :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't know they made barbie postcards back then.