Hyena Vintage Postcard

vintage postcards
My son Noah asked me to post a hyena vintage postcard.


He plans to open a hyena dairy farm in Africa. He read that hyena milk can sustain a pup for 4 days. Mamas don't have to worry about daily feedings. Amazing!



Noah loves strange animal factoids. I wonder where he gets that! This is the 'vintage postcard' I made for him! Aren't hyenas freaky looking?


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.

14 cool cats commented:

Maria said...

I think your son is going to be a great inventor. My husband says maybe you should gently shift his focus of interest from the hyenas to mathematics :)
I think he has a lot of imagination and practically minded.
He looks so cute and sweet! He looks so bright as you do!

David said...

Marie, your son sounds like an interesting fellow - I'm not sure how you milk a hyena and not sure I want to try.

Vodka Mom said...

Fun facts to share with your CUTE Noah-
- Spotted hyena cubs are born with their eyes open!

- Hyenas can go for several days without water.

- Hyena are not related to dogs, although they do have some similar greeting ceremonies.

Love the postcard!

M.K. said...

I don't think that mama's milk does much for their looks, do you? But that boy of yours is cute :)

Anonymous said...

Marie,
I see a genius beneath all of that confetti! I always thought that hyenas were really kind of awful scavengers until I watched an animal program about them. My opinion changed 180 degrees - they are amazing survivors!

Louis la Vache said...

"Louis" thought that was his former father-in-law for a moment....

Betsy Brock said...

What a cute boy....and an interesting fact, too! I always think of the movie Lion King when I see hyenas! :)

Daryl said...

I love when kids embrace their future and all things creative/inventive ... and that hyena looks positively giddy to be a postcard

:-Daryl

Lori said...

Noah is toooooooo cute!!

If people will pay good money for poop-coffee, they will definitely buy hyena milk. Noah should run with it.

soulbrush said...

have seen real hyenas in africa, they are not one of my favourite animals, what about elephants rather, they are much cuter, noah looks just like you1

Tess Kincaid said...

Aww...too cute! Noah is adorable! :)

Anonymous said...

Maybe Noah should have a chain of coffee houses...serving civit coffee and hyena milk!!

I think the hyena looks like a cross between a pig and a wolf....

ayamlin said...

Hello marie!
Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog:)
I'm really happy.
It's lucky to meet you:)
By the way what a cute boy your son is!

Starman said...

I like your son's hat.