Indian Summer Picnic

vintage postcards

It's picnic time! I've brought the Saran Wrap for all of those yummy leftovers! I read that the original substance was greasy and green. It was sprayed on fighter planes to protect them from corosive sea spray! Now it protects your potato salad:) vinta

ge postcards

Head over to Muse Swings to see what other picnicers have posted! Thanks Muse Swings for this nifty retro ad! I'm swooning. It's so peachy keen:)

Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.

23 cool cats commented:

Webradio said...

Bonjour !
Tu as toujours de belles anciennes affiches...
C'est très joli, et nostalique !
peut-on savoir où Tu les trouves ???

David said...

Chemicals, it's amazing that any of us have survived the early days of product development. Hope all is well there not that fall has arrived. David

MuseSwings said...

How could we ever have a picnic without Saran Wrap! Your history gives a whole new perspective of the product - from planes to pies. Love your picnic! I'll stop by later and help you "wrap it up"!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Saran wraps? Another nubie for me.My dear it is a quirky education on the postcard site.

Sparky said...

Bonjour! Thank you for the sweet words at my blog. :o) Your postcards are so CUTE! You have a fun hobby.
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful, happy day. Drop in anytime.
Sparky ♥ ∞ (Patterson, GA USA)

Lori said...

I am laughing so hard at the picture in my head of Air Force guys crawling all over a plane with rolls of Saran Wrap, cussing while they try to get it to stick to the plane and not to itself.

soulbrush said...

looks to me like it's gonna be one helleva picnic, have a great autumn marie.

Debra Kay said...

Good call on the Saran Wrap!

Lavinia said...

The saran wrap, of course! No picnic is complete without it. Capital of you to remember to bring it along. I can see a number of leftovers that I would be very much interested in enjoying tomorrow...how about you?

Daryl said...

Peachy keen and nifty!

I just love your blog!


:-Daryl

Tess Kincaid said...

I love that old ad! And especially that vintage wicker picnic basket!!

marianne said...

Oh can I have some? I saw some yummy things along the way ........
Tke your wrap and come and visit me, sure they will be something leftover to wrap......
Nice to meet you

Marianne

Margaret Ann said...

What a great idea...I figured there would be very few leftovers...but from the looks of it there will be a ton! Stop by my picnic too for a "breather" in between bites...thought we might sketch a bit...sound like fun? See you there! What a fabulous day! :)

Ming said...

Oh that is cute! It's interesting how many everyday things had strange beginnings.

Mescrap said...

Brilliant idea !!

steviewren said...

You are just in time with the Saran wrap. There isn't any of my broccoli soup left, but I want to take home a slice of Muse Swing's Pecan Pie, and one of Lavinia's parsnip fritters, and some salad and some mussels and some s'mores, and some ice cream...well maybe not the ice cream...even Saran wrap might have a hard time keeping that from spilling out.

Thanks for coming to the party at my lakeside picnic area. Some of us are going to have a bonfire there tonight. Throw on your sweater and mittens and join us. We are going to sing some old camp songs and have hot chocolate!

Vodka Mom said...

Where do you find all those great, great things???

nanatrish said...

May I borrow some of your Saran Wrap? I'm sure with all the yummy food that I will need to take some leftovers. I love your picture. Quite the bombshell. Love your blog!

ChaChaneen said...

OH my stars, you remembered the plastic wrap! You're the best! I heard they are they are having a bon fire across the lake, let's go!

Kelli said...

Saran Wrap what cool 'picnic wrapture'! Down Under we use 'Glad Wrap'. Not sure what's to be glad about as it sually sticks to itself and nothing else, he he! It's been great to meet you at last! See you at the bonfire (which I understand is now turning into a sleep over)!!:-o)
~Kalianne

papel1 said...

I am afraid I use tin foil (reynolds wrap) over Saran Wrap. Love the ad.
Judy

Pat said...

Well, I'm glad they decided to make Saran Wrap in rolls rather than in spray form, like for airplanes...

Anonymous said...

I am a Saran Wrap user wannabe. The stuff seemed to cling to everything but what I wanted it to...gave up long ago.