Vintage Oreos

vintage postcards
I found Oreos in France yesterday! I just about fainted in the grocery store! Holy sandwich cookies batman! I know what I'm having for dessert! vintage postcards

This is a print ad from 1962. Seeeeee! Sex sells! Isn't that portrait hot:)

17 cool cats commented:

Pat said...

Oh, yummy. I'n glad I can't find Oreos here....I would be twice my size.

Webradio said...

Bonjour "Marie" !

Tu as de drôles de trouvailles dis donc ?
Et comment cel se fait-il que Tu t'intéresses autant aux vieilles affiches ?
Bravo encore...

Maria said...

Haha, this really is a DARING photo! Even my hubby says so :)
Have a nice Sunday, Marie Reed, I was so busy during the last days that I could not blog as much as I'd like to! But now I'm online again!
We have a new computer, it is much faster than the old one and we can also see google earth! That's good for geography knowledge :) And my hubby van play civilization on the old one while I am blogging!

Maria said...

Because you love my blog and I love yours, there's an award waiting for you :) Please come over and see!

M.K. said...

How do you eat your oreos? Open them up and scrape out the stuffing? I dip them in milk until they're just a little sogggy. Delish. Hope you enjoy!

Jane Hards Photography said...

A buscuit I can relate too. Yummy.

Anonymous said...

For some reason Oreo cookies never rang my chimes. Why have Oreos when you could have Chips Ohoy...or Pecan Sandies...or...where's my cookie jar! Yum!

Tess Kincaid said...

You know, I haven't had an Oreo in ages. Sounds wonderful.

Katie said...

Marie have you tired of macarons and madeleines already? My only suggestion if you plan on eating lots of Oreos is to FLOSS afterwards; otherwise you might walk around with big black spots on your teeth! I do like that old portrait in the ad. Are they implying that your great-grandmother would make cookies like this?

soulbrush said...

oh gee i don't like oreos, sorreeeeee

Starman said...

Oreos in France? Cool.

David said...

Marie, Sorry I haven;t been around. Life has been out of control this past week. Thanks so much for checking in on my whereabouts!

When my daughter was studying in London we searched the entire city for Kraft Mac & Cheese to no avail. I called Kraft headquarters here in the Chicago and was told it wasn't sold in the UK. I shipped a supply every few weeks. What we won't do for our kids.

Vodka Mom said...

Ooooooh I'll bring the milK! I'm on my way...

Mescrap said...

Wow ! Seems so much yummy !

MuseSwings said...

M-m-m-m I'm happy for you! Oreo's were a staple at home. I ate millions of them. I liked to twist them apart, eat the filling and then enjoy the dark chocolate cookies dipped in milk. Enjoy!

ayamlin said...

Hello marie!
It must've very gooood:)
I like oreos!
the picture makes me eating something sweeeeets!

Lori said...

Mmmm... Oreos and beer, a college staple.

Have you tried the mint Oreos? They're the only thing that tides me over from one Girl Scout Cookie season to the next.