Creepy Halloweeny Poisonous Platypus

vintage postcards


Male platypuses (platypi) are poisonous! They have sharp stingers on the heels of their rear feet and can use them to deliver a strong toxic blow to any foe. I had always thought of them as being so cuddly wuddly in a far out down under sort of way! vintage postcards


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

14 cool cats commented:

Starman said...

I don't think I've ever seen a real platypus.

Webradio said...

Elle va me faire enrager !
Comment fais-Tu pour trouver toutes ces affiches ??? Grrr...

Jolie oui !

Tanya Breese said...

I didn't know that they were poisonous but they have a funny name :)

Vodka Mom said...

hey- that sounds a bit like my husband, except his poisonous stinger comes out the front.

Tess Kincaid said...

Ick! Don't tell Webradio. He's afraid of poison!

Sparky said...

Platypus are the only poisonous mammals on earth. And one of only two that lay eggs (the other is the echidna). They're both monotremes.

Pencils down class. [giggle] ♥ ∞

MuseSwings said...

Interesting animals! I had to look up echidna after reading Sparky's comment - cute little spiney things.

Scout said...

I had no idea. I knew they were freaks of nature, but I didn't know they were poisonous, too. Hmm.

Unknown said...

I never knew male platypus' had stingers!!!!!! Happy Hauntings!

Spooky Sandy

Daryl said...

You know so much fascinating 'stuff' .. love coming here to visit

:-Daryl

Pat said...

Interesting...definitely an animal to stay in front of.

Betsy Brock said...

I never knew!

Carmi Cimicata said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog...and letting me know about yours! I LOVE vintage postcards and use them in my paper arts all the time!
I'll be visiting all the time now!
I am going to link to you on my art site instead of Napoleon.

islandgirl4ever2 said...

Hey there Marie!

Nice blog!! I'll be back again!!
Take care, Leesa