Halloween Vintage Postcard

vintage postcards


I was shocked when Trick or Treaters showed up at my door in Germany 6 years ago! I was candy less! I ended up rummaging through my fridge and giving everyone a yogurt :) I belong to the raisin box and apple giving set of Grandmas! The holiday is slowly but surely trickling here to Europe. I am now armed every year for the 5 or 6 kids who will come. That leaves more candy for me! vintage postcards


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

19 cool cats commented:

Pat said...

This looks like a sweet version of Halloween. H-ween's not here yet, though the Canadian Embassy is having a bash, but I make pumpkin pies and celebrate...

soulbrush said...

what a totally un-halloweeny picture, nicer than the witches and ghoolies! we don't have much of it on this side of the pond...and no more trick or treating at the door, in my area of london.

Webradio said...

It'svery, very nice this post... Can I have yoghourt ???

Chut the pretty girl is sleeping...

Vodka Mom said...

J'adore votre carte postale, et votre histoire d'Halloween, ainsi! Ont une grande Lundi!!

love- debbie

Betsy Brock said...

Looks like the fairies are keeping the goblins at bay!

Katie said...

Cute card; I think a lot of kids who overindulge in their candy this Friday will have strange sugar-soaked dreams. Too funny that you handed out yogurt in a pinch!

Tess Kincaid said...

Cute and happy Halloween postcard! I miss Trick or Treaters. We don't get them here at the Manor, since we're not in a neighborhood. I always enjoyed greeting the kids and getting a kick out of their costumes.

MuseSwings said...

The card looks like the Tooth Fairy Halloween. Cute! I watched a program last night about the origins of Halloween - it's pretty much everywhere - oops saw Bibi's comment - pretty much most places.

Profile Not Available said...

One of those faires was over my way last night, and left entirely too much money for a lost tooth!

I have a little surprise for you at my blog!

Starman said...

Halloween was popular in Paris for a while, but it seems to have lost its appeal in the last few years.

papel1 said...

Now that is one Halloween Postcard I would like to have! I always have a little candy on hand, but no takers. Everyone converges in mass on the town streets so I am safe!
Judy
Judys Postcards Plus

Sparky said...

What a cute postcard!

We live too far out in the country for Trick Or Treaters. I still decorate down by the gate just to be festive. ♥ ∞

Mescrap said...

Wow !! Such a beautiful postcard I ever seen !!

Lori said...

That is a cool postcard! The goblin eyes freak me out a little bit -- their intended effect, I'm guessing.

Anonymous said...

Here is a vintage animated Halloween ecard that you may like.

Anonymous said...

In Manchester NH we do things a little differently. Halloween is celebrated the Sunday before and is held from 1:00 to 4:00 in the afternoon. All the neighbors sit on their front porches and hand out candy and visit with each other - we had tons and tons of kids this year. As a child, I loved going out at night for trick-or-treating but I guess this is a little safer.

Marie Reed said...

Thanks for the groovy e card idea anonymous:)

Tanya Breese said...

LOL a Halloween yogurt ;) At least you were nice to find something to give out!
We won't get any trick or treaters because we live in the country. We have to go to a subdivision to trick or treat,lol.
Love the postcard :)

Unknown said...

Such a fabulous post card. I didn't know they celebrated Halloween in Europe. I made the mistake of buying the chocolate last week and now the box is almost finished-yikes!

Sandy