Retro Snacks

vintage postcards
Koogle was a brand name for a flavoured peanut butter that hopped onto the market in 1971.




It came in 4 tasty varieties ...... cinnamon, chocolate, vanilla, and banana.



If this hadn't been a flop would Google have named themselves Google? I doubt it! vintage postcards


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.

14 cool cats commented:

Webradio said...

Bonjour Marie !
Je pensais comme Toi pour "google"...
Tu as toujours de jolies trouvailles...
A bientôt...

Pat said...

How come I never heard of Koogle?! I wonder why it was a flop. I'm going to Google Koogle to find out.

Tanya Breese said...

LOL, "Google Koogle" :D I never heard of Koogle either! Fancy tshirts though ;)

M.K. said...

Hubby and I have never heard of Koogle either - and we both grew up in the 70s. Hm. Perhaps it was only in California?

Betsy Brock said...

It must have flopped quickly because I don't remember it at all! But with banana peanut butter, how could it thrive? Ugh.
Do you remember Goober Jelly? (I think that's it's name) With the vertical stripes of peanutbutter and jelly in the jar? I think it's still around!

Daryl said...

I remember the peanut butter mixed with jelly (I think it was grape jelly) and I remember peanut butter mixed with chocolate .. but I cant recall the name .. and I am sure if it was Koogle, I would ...

:-Daryl

Starman said...

Moi aussi.

Mescrap said...

How cute the OO !!

MuseSwings said...

It must have flopped quickly - I don't even remember it!

Guess what, Marie! I got a POSTCARD in the mail today from my sweet niece in England. I cannot for the life of me recall when I last found a postcard in my mailbox. I thought of you, of course and your pretty postcards.

Sparky said...

Ohhh, that sounds yummers! I don't think this was available in America. I wish it was! Pass me some peanut butter bread would ya? [drool] ♥ ∞

Lori said...

I bet it wouldn't have flopped if they'd had a cuter cartoon character!

Anonymous said...

Koogle seems like it would have been invented by someone with the munchies...very 70's across the board.

soulbrush said...

googlingkoogling now that sounds like an interesting pursuit.

Unknown said...

I am loving clicking around your blog; you are so funny!
There is a fun blog carnival every Thursday where people showcase vintage things.
http://anapronaday.blogspot.com/2008/10/vintage-velveeta-ads-and-super-friends.html