M & M Fun!

Vintage postcards

Those little printed m's used to be black. The colour was changed to white in 1954! It's so nice to have a candy with you're initial on it:) I am officially jealous of anybody who has tried the new premium flavours. Has anybody tried mocha? Ahhhhhh! vintage postcards


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.

20 cool cats commented:

Webradio said...

On ne l'a pas déjà vue cette photo ??? Pas chez Toi, mais sur un autre blog sans doute...
Marrante, comme toujours...

A bientôt.

Pat said...

M&M's used to be BLACK?? I would have then thought they were licorice-flavored. I haven't tried the premium flavors; not available here. But I like Reese's Pieces, which have peanut butter!

Betsy Brock said...

Black M's? Who would have thought! Yes, I suppose you believe that M is for Marie! tee-hee! No, haven't tried the new flavors...didn't even know there were any!

Lori said...

I haven't even gotten over the tan M&Ms changing to blue yet!

Unknown said...

The M was black? Mocha M&Ms sound yummmmm!

Sand

Anonymous said...

Marie...Marie. You are so lucky to have a candy named after you, especially one that everyone loves so much!

Daryl said...

I've only seen, not tasted, the dark chocolate, and I love the addition of the blue!

:-Daryl

Anonymous said...

I really like the dark chocolate, but I've not tried any of the other varieties.

I don't really like the blue ones...I miss tan!

My favorite are probably the peanut M&Ms though! -- I like my plain chocolate to be dark & premium...current fav is Scharffen Berger (produced in CA!).

Starman said...

I rarely eat M&Ms.

Tanya Breese said...

Mocha M&M's? I could become easily addicted! I'm not a fan of dark chocolate though, patooey!

MuseSwings said...

The first time I ever ate M$Ms was about 1953 - on a train - I vaguely remember the m's stamped in black. We were so excited about" melt in your mouth, not in your hands" I still miss the tan ones! They tasted the best. Blue is just wrong! Nice they personalize them with your initials!

Tess Kincaid said...

I haven't had M&M's in ages! Mocha?! That sounds wonderful!!

Vodka Mom said...

I love this! it made me crave chocolate!

M.K. said...

I was not aware of mocha - or of any premium flavors. Wow - must go find some :)

soulbrush said...

would only eat m&m's if they changed to j&j's ....!!

Pat said...

Bibi's dog brain isn't working well. After reading Museswings' comment, she now sees that it wasn't the M&M's that used to be black, but the LETTERS on them! (Whimper)It's not Bibi's fault; she's old enough to remember the black letters....

Mescrap said...

My local store do not have any premium flavor. It's seem taste good.

Catherine said...

When I was young ...ouch, it makes me sick to write that!....When I AM young, I knew brown M&M"s with peanuts inside in a yellow pack, they were called TREATS, here in France. Their name has changed for M&M's. Colours appears, one after an other. They got the same taste.
Then we knew the 'only' chocolate candies, without peanuts inside.
It's a family affair, when we start eating a pack, we can't stop.

Sparky said...

I've changed from M&M's to 85% Dark Chocolate by Lindt's. [drool] Pure heaven! ♥ ∞

Jane Hards Photography said...

E numbers. Ooh no not for me. I'm too hyper as it is.