Mary Queen of Scots Hearts Red WIne

vintage postcards
Mary Queen of Scots liked to take wine baths!



She liked to marinate herself. This surely must have intoxicated the senses. I might spike my bathtub tonight! I'll feel so regal:)


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.

11 cool cats commented:

Pat said...

Gosh, she should have dipped herself in white wine...she must have looked very strange after her bath...and ruined a lot of towels.

Is this the origin of the cooking pot "bain-Marie?" Ha, ha.

Webradio said...

Bonjour Marie...
Who is This "Dame" ???
Her is a "française", il me semble...
A plus tard...
P.S. Je n'ai pas eu le petit mot de Paris ! Pfff...
See You later.

Lori said...

Do it Alabama-style -- take the transmission out of the bathtub and fill it up with Natural Light!

Katie said...

Since Eric's cleaning lady just came today, I think I'll skip the red wine bath for now. Fun fact though!

Tess Kincaid said...

Uh-oh...don't mention this over at the Manor Ball today! Someone might think it's a good idea and start filling up my bathtub! ;^)

soulbrush said...

have been watching 'the tudors' on telly, that henry 8th was quite a virile man (and a nutter).

Daryl said...

Wine baths? Well, at least she bathed ... her cousin Elizabeth didnt .. all she did was put on more powder

:-Daryl

David said...

Marie, I visited Westminster Abby when my daughter was studying in London and saw her tomb (Mary's, not my daughter's). I suspect that after all these years she is still in fine shape after marinating in wine all these years, external and internal.

MuseSwings said...

Lori's remark is right on - but do it Florida style and bring the tub back in the house, hook it up and fill it with Ybor Gold.

Wine? only if I had a straw handy during my bath.

Mescrap said...

Wine bath ? Wow ! Wouldn't she feel sleepy in the bath ?

Sparky said...

That does sound like fun. Maybe my sweet husband would join me in a wine bathe. [wink, wink] ♥ ∞