Mosquito Bite Remedy

Scritch scratch scritch. I just counted 22 mosquito bites! I'm an all you can eat buffet:) I've dabbed all of my itchies with toothpaste which just happens to be the best home remedy ever! The irritation dissapears and you get to smell like a candy cane. .......Scritch scratch scritch:)

23 cool cats commented:

Chris Overstreet said...

Them skeeters love me too, but I don't think I'll be trying your remedy; wouldn't want to smell all candy-caney. I suggest alcohol applied externally as well as internally.

RA said...

Toothpaste is one of my favorite home remedies, too. Did you know that you can use it for swollen ankles as well. Beautiful card as always, Marie. Have a wonderful week, my dear :)

Betsy Brock said...

Seriously...I've never heard of this rememdy! We'll have to try it...the mosquitos seem especially bad this year!

Trish said...

I just heard of this remedy this year, too. It works wonders!!!

Cezar and Léia said...

Glad to see you fine!
This card is fabulous, thanks for sharing.
And I must say you are so adorable, many thanks for your words in my blog!
God bless you
Léia

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

Toothpaste? I had no idea, and it's such an easy remedy too. I don't suppose it looks wonderful but far better than the itching.

Mia said...

1-0 over ther mosquitos :)
a very good thing to know as well :)
Glad to have you back, hope you had a lovely time in the states :)

Mia
X

Joie said...

and for those of you that don't wish to smell like candy cane, you can mix a tea tree oil solution and apply to skeeter bites as well as any stings from those other buggers!

Solution:
4oz. of water
add 8 drops of tea tree oil
and mix.

Sparky said...

Toothpaste!? How clever! We live in SE Georgia and get 'et up all summer. I'll have to remember this remedy. Hope you're over the itching soon!

BTw, love the photo of the old airplane. Hubby and I are kinda airplance 'nuts' and haunt all such museums & displays whenever possible. :)

Mara said...

Toothpaste really works? And there I am roaming around Rome to find some Cortison! Next time I will try your remedy!

MrCachet said...

OUCH! You got bit by a bunch of HUGE Mosquitos!

Wiregrass Steve said...

How clever to have a picture of Britain's most famous twin engine fighter-bomber of World WarII, the De Haviland Mosquito. This inovative aircraft was constructed mostly from wood because of the shortage of aluminum during the war years and because of it's speed, was difficult to intercept.

Lola said...

Love the photo of the Mosquito!

Hope those bites are now under control - we're plagued by mosquitos here in Andalucia too! :(

Hope you're having a great week!

xLOLA:)

PS thanks for stopping by & yr lovely comment! x

~JarieLyn~ said...

I'll have to remember that. The mosquitos love my husband. They don't like me so much, and I am glad. Toothpaste smells much better than calamine lotion.

Heather at My Coupon Coop said...

Oh, you poor thing! But thanks for the tip, I had no idea!

Mike said...

Nice photo. Wish my grandpa was still alive - he's a WW2 vet. And don't use toothpaste - put some peroxide on that.

Floss said...

Ahh! I read this one in 'Avantages' this month - do we get the same French mag? The toothpaste came out best for wasp and bee stings too, which is quite impressive.

Janie said...

Great post card to go with your itches. I'm glad you found a remedy that works. I've never tried toothpaste.

Irene said...

Welcome back, love your card, you must be as sweet as my son they search him out, I send toothpaste to work with him. On of his customers asked him what kind of aftershave he used, he said he smelled so fresh.

Unknown said...

Right now I'm being bitten by mosquitoes! They breed so easily. MY husband caught the chikungunya, also from mosquito bites - joints ached like hell !

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

oh goodness! haha I am the mosquitoes' banquet feast here in Coastal Georgia...well...actually wherever I may happen to be...them pesky skeeters LOVE me!

Blessings & Aloha!

Beth Niquette said...

Toothpaste?! Does it really work? How interesting! I enjoyed reading this post. Great postcard, by the way!

Anonymous said...

Ammonia works wonders too, especially when they first bite you.