Cheesy PFF!



This is a Parisian cheese and cream seller! She roamed the city of lights selling her dairy delicacies to hungry customers. I recently learned that cheddar has been produced since at least 1170. The Romans might have brought it to England from the Cantal region of France. Soooo... we can perhaps thank the French for my favorite sharp yellow cheese. I don't have a cheddar postcard so I'll just sneak that cheesy tidbit in via this pretty Madame. Happy PFF!



W
elcome to this weeks Postcard Friendship Friday! If you're visiting and would like to join in the fun we would be thrilled;) It's easy! All you need to do is:

1. Have a blast with this mail theme! Examples include: any type of postcard, a photo of a mailbox, mailman, a stamp image, postcard altered art, or simply a photo of something that you find 'Postcard Perfect' etc etc etc!
2. Link in with Mr.Linky at the bottom of this post
3. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what a blog party is all about!
4. Link back to the party from your post so that your readers can come and see what everyone else is talking about today! Please grab the badge if you'd like to add a bit of PFF colour to your post:)

29 cool cats commented:

Sparky said...

Say CHEESE!! Happy PFF pal. :)

Postcardy said...

Check out the cheesy post I did today for PFF.

MrCachet said...

It might not be overflowing, but I seem to see something in that basket!

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Greetings ~ I'm finally back from a summer long blogcation.

The vintage photo of the Parisian cheese and cream seller, is so charming. It's hard to believe the creation of cheese was sooo long ago. It sure explains the huge selections we now have...we've had plenty of time to invent them.

The *beef-o-roni* brought back so many fun memories. When my boys were little they always wanted this for a meal, along with the other Chef Boyardee varieties.. I never understood how they could prefer this over home cooking.
I've enjoyed catching up. Please stop by...I look forward to the return of your company.
Sweet wishes,

viridian said...

Hello Marie. PFF is my favorite 'meme'.

Chris Overstreet said...

PFF is my only meme.

More food? Will you please give your poor abused tummy a rest? ;)

Janie said...

I'm sure she had lots of goodies in her basket, including some kind of cheesy cheese. Interesting photo.

peggy gatto said...

http://wwwpeggysamusement.blogspot.com/2009/09/postcard-friendship-friday.html

Wine and cheese!!!!

JamaGenie said...

Cheese...bratwurst. Postcardy did a cheesy post. Eat, eat, eat! Even my PFF this week is food-related: FORKS! Maybe we should rename the meme Foody Friday???? ;D

pchickki said...

Love the lady, even if she is a bit cheesy!
Cool!
Patti

Paul van Yperen said...

Delicious post. I love all kind of cheese: the French, the Italian, the Greek, the British, and the Dutch of course. We have cheese towns here, like Edam, where there are great cheese festivals. Marie, thanks for sharing this woman selling cheese on the streets. Have a great PFF.

Floss said...

Same year as the Great Fire of London, if my history does not completely escape me! Now we have to look at how Cheddar cheese caused the Great Fire, or perhaps vice versa...

My husband has managed to get French friends to enjoy a good Cheddar (he comes from Somerset, so he thought it was worth a try).

claude said...

Ah , les petits métiers d'autrefois !
Mom gave me two old post cards my granpa send me and to my older son. I will show them on my blog soon.
I hope you are fine, Marie.

Maria Berg said...

I say as Sparky, CHEESE!!!
Have a happy weekend, it is nice to be here again and even if I do not like cheddar I like the lady hera above, MB

Pat said...

Ah, le fromage francais...I hope she had some good, 'fragrant' cheeses in there to attract her customers...

Sheila said...

I love cheese SO very much, every sort! Old cards showing a former way of life are so interesting. I must look out for more of them.

I've managed to post for today, only because I had it prepared in advance. Unfortunately my computer has died and I'm having to borrow this one for now. I may not be able to do the rounds as usual, I'm afraid, and it may take some time before I can. :( I am not a happy bunny.

Robin said...

Great postcard!.....great photo....

Have a beautiful weekend

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Can you smell the cheese...LOL. Lovely post card.
XXOO Marie Antionette

ninja said...

Plus the French don't really eat cheddar. In the spirit of disregard of the non-French cheese etc.

Maggi said...

What an interesting cheesy fact! Now the year 1666 will always be stuck in my head. lol

Janine said...

French cheese, ahhhhh

dmarks said...

Cheesy PFF makes me think of cheesy poofs.

Blogaire said...

Interesting! Maybe she had an Irish cousin? In Dublin there was a similar lady called Molly Malone who was immortalized in song. ("In Dublin's fair city, where the girls are so pretty, I first set my eyes on sweet Molly Malone...)

Nishant said...

It might not be overflowing, but I seem to see something in that basket!
Web hosting india

ChaChaneen said...

I lurve Cheese! This card is lovely though. Poor thing, she looks a bit tired from all her walking. Hope your having a good week!

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Wishful Thinking!
Cheezy, Peezy, lemon squeezy, is how we say it Missouri! Love, kt

Aimee said...

We love cheese around here...eat it on almost anything. I wish someone would walk through my neighborhood with a basket of cheese for sale...that's would save me a trip to the store!

Oh, and I love your PFF title!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

What a cute postcard & love the fact about cheddar.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

I LOVE cheese! And PFF is a favorite too :o)

And your commenters are great :o) It's especially fun to see their profile pictures with their comments on this post...

such as... Chris Overstreet's look of deep thought regarding your posts over food. haha

and janine's cute profile works perfect with her comment : "French Cheese, ahhhh" She is in bliss :o)

These posts are truly the BEST!

Blessings & Aloha!
(thank you for your sweet comment!)