Hat Envy, Stinky Cheese, and Postcard Friday!


La Normandie - En Promenade

Normandy, France is best known for camembert, calvados, C-Day, and coiffes (that lacy hat perched on Madame's head).French vintage postcard

Editor: Don't you mean D - Day dummy?

Marie: I know...... I just adore alliteration ! I was on a roll with those c's!

These are typical Norman walking costumes from the early 1900's. Did you notice the umbrella? Click here for another brolly vintage postcard gem:)





W
elcome to this weeks Postcard Friendship Friday! If you're visiting and would like to join in the fun we would be thrilled;) It's easy! All you need to do is:

1. Have a blast with this mail theme! Examples include: any type of postcard, a photo of a mailbox, mailman, a stamp image, postcard altered art, or simply a photo of something that you find 'Postcard Perfect' etc etc etc!
2. Link in with Mr.Linky at the bottom of this post
3. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what a blog party is all about!
4. Link back to the party from your post so that your readers can come and see what everyone else is talking about today! Please grab the badge if you'd like to add a bit of PFF colour to your post:)


27 cool cats commented:

Paul van Yperen said...

Hi Marie,

Another great cheese card. One of my best friends comes from a village called Nieuw-Lekkerland (New Tasty Land) where they still make their own, very delicious cheese. They also make very good pudding of the milk of a cow which had just calved.

Greetings from Amsterdam,

Bob

Pat said...

I'll go for the Camembert and le Calvados, but will pass on the hat...

Maria Berg said...

Sorry phone is broken LOL but here I say Happy week end to you, MB

JamaGenie said...

Cheesy, yes - but I love their costumes. And I *did* notice the brolly.

Happy PFF, everyone, and have a GREAT weekend!

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I can't imagine walking being an easy occupation wearing contraptions like that on your head! :)

dizzymslizzy said...

Marie,
Love the soaring hat - where can I order one? I think that I have an outfit that would go perfectly with this towering tribute to head wear.
dml

Robin said...

Ha!....More humorous than the coiffes is the expression on her friends faces.

As for the February posted wedding dress…..that is quite special as well.
He in a painter’s smock and she in what looks like a nurse’s uniform all dolled up……and a dressed up foot stool on top to boot. And are those wooden shoes?
:-)

Have a beautiful weekend

Postcardy said...

she looks like she's wearing her laundry on her head.

Tussy said...

Is that heavy on her head?


You Got A Posty
All Little Things I Like

Maggi said...

Wow, so much to see on this postcard! lol That hat is awesome!

Betsy Brock said...

That is hilarious! I'm sure they thought they were looking quite spiffy! ha!

Mumzie said...

Happy Post Card Friday! What a wonderful thing to share. I love post cards too, especially vintage ones. Thanks for visiting. Mumzie :)

Aimee said...

They don't look all that happy to be wearing those hats! :)

MuseSwings said...

The entire time I was looking at the black wedding dress picture I was thinking (of the bride) don't do it, don't do it! Something about that groom....or everything

Unknown said...

What a hat!!! it will certainly stand out in the Ascot !

Clueless in Boston said...

I think I saw that middle hat in the movie, The Bride of Frankenstein.

I think I liked the cheddar cheese you posted the other day better; it goes quite well with a glass of good German beer or English Ale.

Beth Niquette said...

Hello, Marie!

I'm BACK! I've been so busy helping my parents get back home, that I've not been near my computer for a very long time.

I have missed PFF and your blog. Lovely lovely those hats, by the way!

((hugs))

Unknown said...

I love the vintage outfits..chessy yes but fun to look at...have a great weekend..
Brenda
www.bug-bitten.blogspot.com

Snap said...

You are too funny ... hat envy!

Postcardy said...

My bloglists have a link to
"Pimples and Vintage Postcard Envy" instead of "Hat Envy" but page is not found:

http://www.cpaphilblog.com/2009/09/pimples-and-vintage-postcard-envy.html

steviewren said...

Fine alteration Madame Postmistress!

I missed getting a postcard posted today but I'm off to visit everyone else.

Vodka Mom said...

Marie! I hope all is well with you!! Je vous ai manqué ! ! !

Janie said...

That's quite a hat for walking. Perhaps the umbrella is to keep all of their headgear dry.

Irene said...

I love postcards of costume design. What a great headdress you middle lady has.

Shako said...

Oh no...you wrote Chesse instead of Cheese! =)

maryt/theteach said...

Love this, Marie! Mine's up to visit! :)

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Oh dear! that is some fancy hat! and love the wedding outfit on your other post too! haha

Oh, I am such a nutty nut about awesome, amazing, alliteration!

Blessings & Aloha!