You've Got Mail!

mailman vintage postcard
This little factrice (mail carrier) was in Paris over the weekend and will be playing catch up today:)


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.

28 cool cats commented:

Witchcrafted Life said...

So charmingly adorable! I would love a little box like that to hand deliver Valentine's Day cards in :)

Wishing you a fantastic week ahead,
♥ Jessica

Maggi said...

Very cute!

Cynthia Pittmann said...

Pretty girl! I love the title reference to my all time favorite movie. <3

Polly Forns said...

Charming little girl!

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

What a treasure! Again, the colors are just fabulous!

Shelley said...

How sweet! I just love it.

Thank you for the kind remarks in my blog today. I appreciate them. Most of my postcards are part of a digital collection of scans and I don't use the real thing in my collages (which are both "real" materials and digital as well.

I like your Kermit avatar. I work for a PBS television station and we show Sesame Street. He's a favorite, as is Elmo, Bert, Ernie and the whole Muppets Gang.

Luna ( from Brazil ) said...

Hello dear Marie!
This postcard is really adorable! What a beautiful soft colours!
It reminds that great film "you've got mail" directed by Nora Ephron , staring Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan!!! wow my mommy cried like a baby watching this romantic film!
Great post!
Have a fabulous week there!
purrs and love
Luna

Elizabeth said...

Very pretty! Ahhh...for the old days of sweet little ladies!

Unknown said...

I know what I'd like to get in my mail. A letter saying ,'You've won a round the world trip'!!

Mia said...

Hi Marie

Such a sweet little post girl :)
Thank you for the sweet comments, and for being the first to comment on my blog :)
I do hope you will start writing on the vintage wedding again soon. What style of hair and makeup are you planning?

P.s. I Looooooove American pancakes with tons of maple syrup :)

twinkle teaches said...

She's a cutie! Hope you had a good weekend. :)
tina

JamaGenie said...

Oh, how adorable! Is that a real stamp, or part of the picture??

Irene said...

she is lovely Marie. I know you had a good weekend, who could not in Paris.

Elizabethd said...

Thanks for your visit to Brittany. You have some delightful postcards!

Daryl said...

Oh she looked like you!

Lowell said...

I like this one very much...this girl probably looks like you a couple of years ago!

Please note that I've awarded you the Golden Blog award. This is a special and prestigious award for those bloggers who love photography, poetry, writing, etc.

You may pick up the award at my poetry blog, Creative Confections -

http://jacobsconfectionary.blogspot.com

Congratulations! Have a great day!

Loni Edwards said...

This is so sweet

Pietro Brosio said...

Very pretty young girl, Marie.
I wonder how many postcards you have in your archives! Hundreds?... More! Thousands?... More, more!!
I can't imagine how many DVDs are necessary to record them all! :-)

Unseen India Tours said...

What A Lovely Post !! Really Enjoyed...Thanks For Sharing Such A Beautiful Blog..

Sparky said...

That's a precious postcard. very pretty.

We'll be gone all week on another trip. CYA when we get back! :o)

Starman said...

So that's what happened to my package.

Floss said...

Isn't she sweet! Thanks for your kind (flattering) comments about my son on my post - he is unfortunately the kind of child who amazes everyone, including teachers, with fascinating knowledge and enthusiasm for their subject, in the hope that this will keep them from noticing that he's not doing their homework...

The Vintage Kitten said...

Another beautiful image X

Betsy Brock said...

You were in Paris? You just HAD to rub that in, didn't you! :)

Katie said...

No wonder the package I sent to Paris last Christmas got "lost" for 6 months and then returned to me in SF -- the mail carriers there are ancient!

RA said...

Lovely factrice! Congrats on your award from Jacob. Have a wonderful day, Marie :)

melissa said...

i love this.. And i want a box like that too

Sandy Kessler said...

so much detail