Not a Boaring Day!

wild boar vintage postcard

Francois and I saw a sanglier (wild boar) while hiking yesterday! We backed away as silently as possible with dropped jaws and pounding hearts. The tuskless females are just as dangerous as males. The bristle haired sows will charge with their mouths open and actually bite you! Danger danger Will Robinson!

Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.

31 cool cats commented:

Polly Forns said...

There was once a TV mini-series here in the US "The Thorn Birds" and there is a scene in it where a young boy is killed by a wild boar. It terrified me all those years ago and still does today! Thank God you are safe, my friend!

lorhen82 said...

Oh wow...I would have panicked! I'm glad you two escaped without any confrontations! ~Lori

Terry said...

Howdy Marie
Oh my gosh run ,no stop freeze,
don't panic !
Danger Will Robinson is right :)
WOW that had to be a fantastic
moment .
I can't believe you saw a wild boar .I am so glad you are both safe .
You never know when an adventure will happen .
Blessings to you all.
Have a wonderful Sunday.
Hugs

Beth Niquette said...

No kidding! An actual boar. How scary. That is just amazing to hear.

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a heart-pounding experience! Thank goodness it had a happy ending.


Fingers crossed the rest of your weekend is more serene, sweetie!
♥ Jessica

Lydia said...

Seeing a wild boar while hiking is amazing in itself, but that you actually had a postcard befitting a post about it.....priceless!

SILVER said...

hi sweet lady! a wild boar encounter? hmmm.. that could be quite terrifying. Wild animals can be quite unpredictable.

just happy to know you are all fine!

~Silver

JamaGenie said...

Marie, you are too amazing. Leave it to you to have a postcard of a not-so-wild boar after *almost* being attacked by one.

Maggi said...

Wow, there's a site you don't see on every hike! I'm glad you're okay!

Catherine said...

I didn'y know who was this character until I reed comments.
How pathetic are these people taking pictures overcoming wild animals ! This picture reminds me the one with the aligators, you remember ? Or a hunter a feet on his catch a gun in his hand.

Cezar and Léia said...

Fabulous story !You did well to go away! I would be very afraid of it as well!
Have a nice week!
Purrs and love
Léia and Luna(from Brazil)

Unknown said...

They are indeed dangerous. Some people here hunt wild boars for their meat. My sis-in- law used to buy meat from the market and cook lovely curries.

Sparky said...

Your blog is never boar-ing either. [giggle]
BTW, husband is in Hospital this weekend (ala kidney stones again).

Evelyn Yvonne Theriault said...

Very funny wordplay, Marie!

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Glad you two sweeties are safe!

My life flashed in front of my eyes too as I read your post...what would I do without you Marie?
;)

Now, how can that man sit on those prickled hairs???? That makes me squirm!
everything vintage

Maricel said...

As a fellow Mom Bloggers Club member, I'm following via the Follow Me Club list. =) I have also:

Subscribed your blog via my Google Reader, or used the email subscription.

Maricel --- Momhood Moments

I'm currently building my blogroll too. Care for a link exchange?

peggy gatto said...

I have a big smile on my face!
thanks!

Jan Holt said...

Wow, what a wild sight that must have been. I'm so glad you are okay AND that I've found this wonderful site of yours.

Happy Sunday,

Jan

The Clever Pup said...

I just saw an image almost identical to this on the Antiques Road Show just 5 minutes ago!

Starman said...

Where were the animal rights activists?

The Vintage Kitten said...

Gosh! I would have been scared X

Clueless in Boston said...

I guess that just goes to show, city girls shouldn't go out hiking:)

Virginia said...

Holy __ _ _ _! That's so hilarious. If this was Alabama people would be saying what rednecks we are.
V

pchickki said...

What a funny photo!
Unusual huh?
Hope you are having a good weekend.
When are you going to visit you Mother? You package will be waiting for you!
Hugs
Patti

Pietro Brosio said...

Funny worldplay indeed, Marie.
I always wonder where you find all these interesting, nice, sometimes funny, pictures! :-)

Reader Wil said...

I've seen their teeth! They are like razorblades! We once walked with a gamekeeper, who told us to stand still when you came across a wild boar. They won't see you if you don't move.

Rune Eide said...

Maybe it was just a stuffed boar?

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Marie: Interesting post, did you look for truffles where they were rooting? Really cute danger reference.

Nina and/or Ruthie66 said...

But that pic is so darn cute!! Thanks for sharing it!

Nina in San Diego

Wiregrass Steve said...

Interesting postcard Marie. Here in south Georgia we hunt wild boar (actually feral swine in our area)with the bow and the rifle. They are quite delicious.

MrCachet said...

You may not catch up with old comments Mary, but after seeing this one, I couldn't resist leaving a comment and giving you a link to another Wild Pig Ride!