Les Parapluies de Cherbourg

vintage postcards

I'm in Cherbourg until Thursday and will be back in the blogging saddle then:) This gorgeous coastal town in Normandy is where one of my favorite films takes place. The Umbrellas of Cherbourg is a sad yet bewitching musical. This Netflix must is both visually and aurally delightful! Be sure to put it on your list:)



Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.

18 cool cats commented:

Maggi said...

Thanks for the movie suggestion, I just added to my Netflix queue!

Katie said...

Ooh you're in Cherbourg! I loved this movie, but I haven't seen it in ages, so up it'll go on my queue. Have a wonderful musical time there!

Beth Niquette said...

Aw...we'll miss you! I've never seen the movie--so I'll give it a whirl. You have impeccible taste, and I do so enjoy the flavor of your blog.

Daryl said...

Have a wonderful time, cherie!

Miss Rosa said...

Movie postcards are very cool.

elsa said...

Enjoy your time there Marie- just added the movie to my list.
Thanks, I loooooove recommendations!

Cezar and Léia said...

Catherine is sooo adorable! I love her! I must to find this film! I love great romances!
Take care dear Marie!
We will be thinking of you!
Léia and Luna(from Brazil)

i beati said...

i remember it well !!sandy

Pietro Brosio said...

A good film indeed! Enjoy your stay at Cherbourg!

Starman said...

I've seen it a few times. Very nice.

Clueless in Boston said...

It is a really good movie. I enjoyed it very much and not just because I was terribly smitten by Miss Deneuve at the time.

Another movie with Miss Deneuve that I liked was The April Fools, with Jack Lemmon. Not a musical, but just one about a guy who finds the love of his life and runs off to Paris with her. One can only dream, sigh :)

Mia said...

Hope you have a lovely time in Cherbourg.

p.s. just caught the cat drinking my cold redbush tea, he is a cheeky little one, but funny that even he likes it :)

papel1 said...

I remember being enchanted with the movie that was sung. Judy

Miss_Yves said...

Oh! I realised several posts about Cherbourg , umbrellas and so on §
The town where I was born and I love it §
Click on the link Cherbourg , beloxw some of my posts, if you want )
I'll play tomorrow with you for frienship Friday

Miss_Yves said...

Oh! I realised several posts about Cherbourg , umbrellas and so on §
The town where I was born and I love it §
Click on the link Cherbourg , beloxw some of my posts, if you want )
I'll play tomorrow with you for frienship Friday

Lowell said...

Catherine Deneuve (sp?) has been one of my favorite actresses since I was a young lad.

Thanks for the memories!

Barbara Ehrentreu said...

I love this movie and especially the soundtrack! I've never been in Cherbourg, but is it as magical as the movie shows?

Game Over said...

I love this movie very much ;) songs are great and Cathrine Deneuve is shining ...