Hamburger Heaven

hamburger vintage postcard

I found a hamburger phone in our local junk/antique shop! This sesame seeded cuteness now adorns a plate resting on the kitchen counter. My boys rushed to find plastic french fries from their toy box and added to the kitschy fat-free decor! This was the most fun $5 dollars I've spent in ages:)





Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.

41 cool cats commented:

Mozi Esme said...

How unique is that!

dizzymslizzy said...

You are very brave, Marie. I am afraid that I would become hungry every time I answered the phone!

Joan@anythinggoeshere said...

Now you can have it your way! Fun post. Happy Thrifty Thursday.

The Starr Family said...

This kills me... how fun for your kids! Delicious find (couldn't resist.)

Lowell said...

I've seen Burger Chefs...

The phone is superb...I've never seen one of those.

What a great surprise!

Postcardy said...

That's a cool phone--does it work?

Marie Reed said...

It works like a charm Postcardy:)

Susan said...

Ah, Burger Chief, just one of the many old burger stands I remember.
The phone is cute.

papel1 said...

I just returned from a drive on Route 66 and saw places like Burger Chief. I love that card.
Judy

Brenda Pruitt said...

Too cool! And that reminds me, how come we never see those sesame seeds on buns anymore I wonder?
Brenda

Beca said...

Very retro! What a fun and interesting phone. I've never seen one of those.

the wild raspberry said...

hilarious!!! love those old burger joints....
chasity

Angie said...

So cool! Just wanted to stop by and say thank you for following My Four Monkeys!

~Angie
MyFourMonkeys.com

EG CameraGirl said...

AH! Kitchen decor everyone can appreciate. ;-)

Starman said...

Never heard of Burger Chef, but the building and the sign in front are seriously like that of the original McDonald's.

Restoration House Interiors said...

thanks so much for joining in on the junk party. your blog is awesome and what a fun find on the hamburger phone! quite the blast from the past!

twinkle teaches said...

Lucky!!! That is a cool find. :)
tina

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

That is so funny! My kids would absolutely LOVE that!

~Amanda

Beth Niquette said...

....and suddenly I am starving.

(grin)

fortuitous faery said...

what a kitschy find!

Kristin - The Goat said...

My family opened up a Burger King across the street from a Burger Chef :) I hadn't thought about Burger Chef in eons!!

I just saw a hamburger phone in a movie...what was it...Oh, it was in the movie Juno! Cool!!

Maria Berg said...

That must have been fun, I can see it in front of me, your son running to get more stuff around the phone.

You made me smile, thank you, MB

LV said...

You found and presented some really neat things. I enjoy VTT so much for everyone seems to come with things I have not seen in a long time. Thanks for visiting my post.

Sparky said...

I remember 'novelty' phones! They are such fun. Nice postcard too. :o)

lorhen82 said...

This post reminded me of when guys thought they were cool asking women, "Have you got fries to go with that shake?" LOL ~Lori

Vicky said...

instead of calling someone, I may end up ordering a burger from MCD delivery! lols

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

How cute is that in a kitchen. And quite the conversation piece, huh?Thanks for participaing in Thrifty Thursday this week! I was late in posting the links, so forgive me. It's my fault that you may have some late visits.
Thanks for partcipating. Next week I will be back on a good schedule!

~Cheryl said...

Wow! Terrific junk-find! What fun

Aimee said...

Love that phone!! What a deal!

Luna ( from Brazil ) said...

Hello sweetie Marie!
Mommy was out all day long and I was very upset because I couldn't visit you before! So sorry for this late comment!
Anyway...wowwwwwwww I'm hungry!
Great idea and beautiful picture!
Thanks a lot!
purrs and love
Luna

Keetha Broyles said...

That is cute - - - I'd like to see the plastic fries on the side!!!

Sabrena said...

Love the phone!! Of course my kids would pretend to eat it! I would be hungry all the time...

Ms Dow Antiques said...

Love the retro burger joint sign. Chcek out this pic of a retro diner that used to be near me: Happy Humpty Dumpty retro diner restaurant sign - too cute!
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/RcrHPcMvl0YpoClawbymEw?feat=directlink

Wiregrass Steve said...

What a neat phone. It should emit the aroma of fries and sizzling burgers when it rings.

Blondie's Journal said...

This is just too cute!! To even see a phone that isn't the size of a deck of cards is cool!!

xoxo
Jane

Pietro Brosio said...

Funny phone! Nice find, Marie!

Postcardy said...

Something strange is happening with my "bloglist"--this post keeps showing up as your latest post. But you have done 2 different PFF posts since this one. And I have refreshed my page, closed it multiple times, and used 2 different browsers.

Do you have any idea why that is happening?

Vintage Papers said...

my husband needs a phone like that - he is a burger addict! :)

Catherine said...

You competed with Ronald Whatnot !
He won't forgive you about the size. Absolutely unfair !

Roger Owen Green said...

I covet this. I don't even know why.

kRiZcPEc said...

so with this burger phone, I can have a burger, and eat it. :)