It's Sheila's Birthday Today!! - Postcard Friendship Friday # 21

Happy Birthday Sheila! Are you planning on giving your teddy bear a bath too? This little girl looks a touch grumpy ... she needs to be stuffed with more frosting-laden cake! Have a blast of a birthday! I hope that you'll be PAMPERING yourself on this special day:)





W
elcome to this weeks Postcard Friendship Friday! If you're visiting and would like to join in the fun we would be thrilled;) It's easy! All you need to do is:

1. Have a blast with this mail theme! Examples include: any type of postcard, a photo of a mailbox, mailman, a stamp image, postcard altered art, or simply a photo of something that you find 'Postcard Perfect' etc etc etc!
2. Link in with Mr.Linky at the bottom of this post
3. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what a blog party is all about!
4. Link back to the party from your post so that your readers can come and see what everyone else is talking about today! Please grab the badge if you'd like to add a bit of PFF colour to your post:)




Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.

51 cool cats commented:

Vicky said...

Hi, Marie, I remembered watching the movie, I would think Scarlet is a better choice for her role.
Have a blessed week.

Cezar and Léia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cezar and Léia said...

Hello Marie!
wow Scarlet is fabulous and always will be! :-)
"I will never again feel hungry!"

Thanks for this wonderful postcard!
Happy Friday dear friend!
Léia
and
Luna(from Brazil)

Anonymous said...

hello marie! thanks for this postcard friendship friday :D
xx

Aimee said...

Wow, I never knew that! Glad she decided to go with Scarlet instead!

Postcardy said...

I never saw a scarlet red pansy before.

Kristin - The Goat said...

Pansy. Nothing against the name pansy, but that's like naming your kid chicken! haha

Once again I learned something I didn't know. Thanks for hosting PFF!

fortuitous faery said...

"Pansy" doesn't pack a punch quite like "Scarlett."

viridian said...

And Vivien Leigh was the best actress to play her! In my opinion anyway.

RedLan said...

Margaret Mitchell is so beautiful!

the wild raspberry said...

how interesting....i have never heard that {{and i've never seen the movie nor read the book..tssk tsssk}}
have a wonderful night
chasity

steviewren said...

Love the movie and the book.

Paul van Yperen said...

Loved your post, Marie. Beautiful postcard. Funny anecdote. Do you remember the technicolor colours of Gone With the Wind: that girl had to be called Scarlet! And did you know Gary Cooper turned down the role for Rhett Butler? He though Gone with the Wind (1939) was going to be the biggest flop in Hollywood history and said: "I'm just glad it'll be Clark Gable who's falling on his face and not Gary Cooper."

Miss_Yves said...

Pansy was too sweet for this strong character !
Scarlet is a better choice !
Sorry, it was impossible for me to translate the quotes and the poem which illustrates my pictures ...

Witchcrafted Life said...

I want to wear/emulate everything element of her incredibly gorgeous style! :)

Wishing you a fantastic weekend,
♥ Jessica

ilyani said...

Happy happy happy happy PFF!! :D

Maria Berg said...

Will have this in mind next time I go out with my camera - well now I remember I have the Post vans, Maria Berg

Lydia said...

Pansy? Wouldn't have been the same movie with a heroine named Pansy!

Great postcard photo of her. It's such a great old movie...

Happy PFF (wow, #21!)

Maria Berg said...

I am so happy that you like my wedding photos - it was her happiness I wanted to catch in the photos, MB

JamaGenie said...

"Pansy O'Hara"? No way! Can you imagine Clark Gable saying "Frankly, Pansy, I don't give a damn!"?? Neither can I. Nor can I imagine anyone but Vivian Leigh as Scarlett.

Loved the red pansy tho. ;D

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

Pansy O'Hara? It just doesn't have the right ring! It doesn't sound right at all.

Many thanks for adding my link. :)

Robin said...

Gone with the Wind; I love that movie.....
I've never read the book, but I did read the long awaited sequel Scarlet. After doing so, I thought I would go get out a copy of GWW and give it a go. For some reason I never have.....just became distracted. Maybe I'll do so this weekend. :-)
Have a beautiful weekend.

JamaGenie said...

Robin, there's the book GWTW, and then there's the *movie*. Almost two totally different animals. The movie, btw, was one of the first to be filmed in color, a really big deal back in 1939. Enjoy!

Robin said...

Hey....what happened? I know there was a Vivien Leigh post card there just a minute ago. Are you messing with my mind?
:-)

Okay...I can play along. Postcard; what postcard? ;-)

Happy birthday Sheila!

Debby said...

Hi Marie, I adore your sweet Scarlet postcard, she is darling.
debby

JamaGenie said...

So...will it be something different an hour from now??

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHEILA!!

Irene said...

What a miserable looking Birthday Girl, indeed she needs more cake. I nap through the great american hero too. Not just the hulk.

Jane Hards Photography said...

My mother would just love this. I am Scarlet as she would so often say.

Daryl said...

Happy Birthday, Sheila ..Happy Friday.. Happy PFF .. and happy day off to me ... I am on my way to get a hair cut .. catch you all later .. have a wonderful day and weekend!

steviewren said...

Marie, I spent last Saturday morning watching both movies back to back and loved them. I'm going to see if I can get the other one you recommended. Thanks!

Lowell said...

Another great card...love the look on the little girl's face...

And I remember very well Ms. Monroe's "Happy Birthday" gift to President Kennedy!

ilyani said...

oh!! is it only me or this is really a new post?? :D lol but happy birthday to Sheila! my birthday is tomorrow but it's not Friday!

p.s. you're such a sweetie Marie! :)

Cezar and Léia said...

Happy Birthday Sheila!!!
God bless you!
Léia

Pietro Brosio said...

Nice post, Marie!
Happy PFF!
(You are very quick in posting!!) :-)

Floss said...

Well, Happy Birthday to another June girl! Looking forward to my blog garden party tomorrow/Sunday...

Starman said...

You missed it by two days.

dmarks said...

I think I got the PFF links OK on friendship.html

And a Happy Birthday to Sheila here, too!

Vodka Mom said...

my very best friend is named Sheila!! happy, happy birthday to her.........

BeNotForgot said...

That card is adorable . . . BUT . . . after reading all the comments, I want to see the Scarlet card! Is it hiding somewhere?

Candy said...

Yummy sweet cake frosting will surely do the trick.

Happy Day,
Candy

Maggi said...

Happy Friday! I hope you have a great weekend!

Aimee said...

OOOOH! Have fun at Disneyland & buy a lot of postcards! :)

I'm sure Disney magic can make your son feel better!

ByLightOfMoon said...

Happy Birthday to Sheila!

Thanks Marie for spreading the news!

What a fabulous Postcard Friday!
Smiles, Cyndi

Mia said...

That video, made me realise that it has been to long since I have seen a Marilyn movie :)

p.s. so funny with those movie title translations. I actually thought that “Die hart, Mega hart” where the real title :D Are “The Matrix” really called “The Young People Who Traverse Dimensions While Wearing Sunglasses” in French?

Candy said...

He is a great one and yes, I like that fairytale song tune. Will share with Samuel when he gets in this evening.
The Boy Scouts work the BINGO hall once a month so he's working the concession stand, all the food you can eat, the boys love it.

I'm packing for the trip.
Never a dull moment!
Candy

Kristin - The Goat said...

You have completely gotten me disoriented. I could have sworn you had scarlet o'haras picture up there and some pansies. Now it's a whole new post! LOL

Happy Birthday Sheila!

JamaGenie said...

Kirby3131, Scarlett and a red pansy *were* here at first. Maybe Marie will bring them back for an entire day????

Floss, Happy Birthday!

Catherine said...

Yes, Marie, not exactly the joyful expression one expects for a bithday celebration.
Something between Marilyn and this young girl would be better !

Mandala Michelle said...

Darn, missed PFF but I love the Marilyn video. Hope you had a great week!

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

Thank you so much Marie, for the greeting - and the song! :)

maryt/theteach said...

My first day covers are up! Marie your sweet postcard of that lovely little girl is priceless! :)