Rainbow of Happiness - L'Arc en Ciel du Bonheur

rainbow vintage postcards

Hooray for funky converse sneakers! I've been walking in these rainbowy chucks of late. I had a bit of writer's block until I looked down at my feet:) I looked through my collection and found this l'arc - en - ciel (rainbow in French) gem. Voilà! I hope that you find a pot of gold at the end of every vintage refractive dispersion of sunlight:)



MellowYellowBadge Click the badge for more Mellow Yellow fun!

Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.

44 cool cats commented:

Speedcat Hollydale said...

GREAT SHOES!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello from SpeedyCat :-

Pat said...

I think a pair like this would definitely brighten my day. I am going to go Google them....

RA said...

Ow, gorgeous rainbow shoes to brighten up the day! Have a wonderful week, Marie :)

blueberry said...

Those shoes are really great! Usually not quite my style but those... I'll also google them right now ;)

Have a lovely day
blueberry

Anonymous said...

You must feel colorful !

Have a nice day !

His Unfailing Love said...

Glad to be here, it's my first time. Have a nice day.

Robin said...

Bonjour Marie....
What wonderful shoes.....the perfect pair to brighten a day of gray.

May all your days be un arc-en-ciel.

Maggi said...

Holy smokes, those shoes are awesome, me want! lol I love that card too!

Barb said...

I'm twice your age, and I want a pair of these for myself. A cure for writer's block indeed! (Your interests on the profile made me smile this morning here in CO, USA!)

Unknown said...

` These shoes are made for walking...' so the song goes. And what happy colours!

xxx said...

fun shoes :-)

best wishes
Ribbon

Denton said...

Hi Marie, love your shoes and the postcard ... my sister, Norma from Sequim Daily Photo, recently shared a postcard circa 1920 from our Grandmother Meredith’s collection.

Chris Overstreet said...

Chuck T is rolling in his grave. ;)

Unknown said...

I love those sneakers !!! My feet would feel so happy in them :-)

The postcard is very cool as well ..

asb said...

a fellow postcard dealer on antiquespider.com recommended me your blog, and i'm so glad they did!! i LOVE these shoes! i can't wait for your future posts! keep up the good work!

-alice

Sally in WA said...

I love those shoes! I think my attitude would change just wearing them around. Have a great week.

Susan Cook said...

Very colorful converses! I love the rainbow postcard. Thanks for sharing.

Polly Forns said...

Thanks for brightening my day.....as usual! :)

Sharon said...

very cool sneakers:)

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Great picture, Rocking Shoes!! Thanks for Yellow Mellow Monday pics.

Cezar and Léia said...

wow Fabulous shoes!
My daughter Marina is completely crazy about Al Star! I guess she has a dozen pairs!
Léia ;-)

Sparky said...

Funky! I love those shoes! Can I borrow them for going out Saturday night? ha ha I'd be a big hit. :o)

Daryl said...

Oh I love those ..

Great inspiration .. and I love that postcard

I was cleaning up some stuff and opened a drawer to see what was in it, and I found a ton of old postcards I had been intending to make into a collage... well I cant wait to scan them and share them on PFF .. some date back to the ancient 1960s ..

Jeanette Carlstrom said...

I NEED THOSE SHOES :)

Carrie said...

Those sneakers are real attention getters!

Fifi Flowers said...

How FUN are those shoes! Those would definitely attract some attention!

Tara said...

I used to have a pair of high top converse sneakers years ago. They were a pretty turquoise aqua and I loved them. I would imagine you couldn't help but be cheered up when you're wearing rainbows on your toes!

Carol said...

Great shoes...we used to call these Chuck Taylor's...never saw them in so many colors...that is a beautiful postcard also...

Starman said...

Those are funky cool!

Martha said...

Awesome MYM! You have got to take a photo of your rainbow shoes for my Color Carnival and also for this week's Monday Photo Shoot where ther theme is rainbows! The links to both are on my blog :-)

♥peachkins♥ said...

cool shoes..gimme gimme

srp said...

Joseph and his Techicolor Dreamcoat had nothing on these shoes!

Mescrap said...

Such a colourful and bright shoe !! for sure, it will light up your day :)

twinkle teaches said...

I am so jealous!!! I had hot pink ones back in the day. I really like yours. Need to find me some! And I love rainbows--love color! :)
tina

Gypsy Tears said...

Chuckie T's... WOW!.. Talk about a hit of Color! Love em... we were chatting when I was linked to Gypsyville! Cheers!

Buenos Aires Photoblog said...

These shoes are so timeless. I just love them. This one is quite colorful.

Buenos Aires Photo

lorhen82 said...

I actually saw the end of a rainbow one time! No leprechauns running around, and definitely no pot of gold. But the image of it in my memory is priceless! ~Lori

MissRedLips said...

i just got inspired looking at the picture of your shoes!! those are so fun!!

Loni Edwards said...

The shoes are fantastic! Why yes, I too am inspired by them! Thanks for brightening my day ! :)

ByLightOfMoon said...

What a beautiful post and lovely photos of RAINBOWS! I adore the shoes, go for it!
Everyone loves rainbows, but we have to endure the rain! I can!
Smiles, Cyndi

Miss_Yves said...

Original shoes and lovely postcard!

Kristin - The Goat said...

Those are certainly some fun sneakers.

elsa said...

*love* your chucks!

julietk said...

I love Baseball boots in bright colors fab rainbow. There is a link to a freebies blog on my blog you would love her free images (vintage copyright free)
I enjoyed my visit to your blog :-) Juliet