Ruby Tuesday - Vertu Signature Cobra Cellphone = $310,000

telephone vintage postcard

Vertu Cobra

This precious stone encrusted (and hideous) cellphone was designed by the French jeweler Boucheron. The $310,000 Cobra will feature one pear-cut diamond, one round white diamond, two emerald eyes and 439 rubies. I think I'll stick with this vintage postcard horn:)



Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.

36 cool cats commented:

Witchcrafted Life said...

I've rarely been a fan of taking run-of-the-mill items and adding thousands or even millions of dollars worth of jewels and gems to them (remember the 6.5 million dollar VS bra?), but in this current economic crisis, it seems even more opulent and unnecessarily extravagant to deck out a cell phone like that. Sure some people might find it pretty, but why would you pay the equivalent cost of a house (in some cities/towns) for a phone? (That saying about having more dollars than sense springs to mind!)

I'm with you 100%, give me an old fashioned phone any day! :)

Big hugs & best wishes for a marvelous weekend,
♥ Jessica

Pat said...

I had an ancient Ericsson phone that finally gave out on me. The numbers had all been erased, the front flap broke off, but I still used it until I couldn't find a battery for it anymore. That's the manufacturer's way of getting you to buy another one... I even referred to this phone as Eric, that's how close we were, and he had no jewels.

ilyani said...

OMGOMGOMG
it's not equivalent cost of a house.. but FIVE big houses in here.. :o
Finally I had a new Nokia with a camera last year I already think it posh enough.

hey, just wondering if Mr Linky didnt notify you about my PFF post yesterday? ;)

RA said...

I prefer your horn in the vintage without doubt :)! Have a wonderful weekend, Marie.

dmarks said...

It doesn't look like you can dial it. But yet again, most cell phones these days make it hard to enter numbers, not having a standard touch-tone style layout.

Floss said...

I'll go for the old technology too, thanks! What a sweet picture.

Maggi said...

Wow, what a phone! I still like the card one better though, lol.

Maureen said...

Perhaps she'll leave it in a taxi.

Daryl said...

The price tag has a lot of bite to it ... have you read Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society? You would love it.

lorhen82 said...

Some people just have too much money! I'm with you on liking the vintage phone better. ~Lori

Cezar and Léia said...

Hello sweetie Marie!
Wow It's amazing how something so scary is also so darn expensive!
I think I could find much better use for such money! ;-)
On the other hand, your vintage postcard is outstanding!Cute indeed!
Have a beautiful weekend!
God bless you
Léia

( and little Luna that loves you a lot )

Unknown said...

No thanks, I'm a girl with simple tastes. can't afford it too. Would go all 'shivery' just holding that opulent cell phone.

Sparky said...

Gosh, that really is tacky and not because of the opulence. I'm not a commie, and care not for what others do with their excess funds. However putting an image of a snake near my ear is even too much for me. I too prefer old fashioned phones and vintage items. :o)

Paul van Yperen said...

Hi Marie,

You're unstoppable. A family life, a vintage postcard business, PFF with now 38 participants (it took me two days but I've visited all those fabulous blogs), and now you've become a vlogger and you're starting a new exciting series. Thank you.

Starman said...

It's just mind-boggling to see some of the things upon which the rich will waste their money.

Pietro Brosio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pietro Brosio said...

I'm waiting a new cellphone which, like a crystal ball, can tell me where a person (chosen by me simply typing her name) is in every moment of the day and what she is doing! ;-)
It has been very nice to see you in your video, Marie!
Have a good Sunday! :-)

Miss Rosa said...

Yeah. That's too extravagant for my blood. The old phone in the postcard is super cool though.

Heather at My Coupon Coop said...

I hate snakes, but yet I want it! Therapy time.

Seriously though, I really miss the old phones. Something about lying on my back twirling the cord in my fingers.

Ann said...

Marie..I'm with you..it is hideous!I'll take the old phones anytime..I am particularly fond of the 30's and 40's styles. The postcard is beautiful. As always,my day is not complete without a visit to your blog!

Mescrap said...

The phone is too luxury. But the function of the phone still is the phone. I think the Cobra necklaces would be better than fixed on cellphone :p

ChaChaneen said...

Whoa! That is some ICE on that cellphone. Brrrr, cold! ha ha

Flax and spindle said...

wow, that's just crazy! If one has diamonds one should be able to at least wear them!

hugs,
Darlene

Anonymous said...

Hey there, I've added you to my new blog @ Backroom treasures...love your blog! Happy Posting~

Rosemary said...

Wow!!! It's a bit much!
Love the pretty girl on the phone!
Hope you are having a great weekend,
Rosemary

Robin said...

Oh my.....that is one UGLY cell phone. You couldn't pay me to carry that around. Okay...maybe you could. ;-)

Hope your weekend has been beautiful.

Clueless in Boston said...

I'd like mine with a few emeralds too, so it won't look so tacky.

Suburban Girl said...

Yes...I like the postcard!

Sherrie said...

Hi!
I think I'll agree with you. I much prefer the horn phone. Have a great day!!

Sherrie

Stephanie V said...

Why would anyone have a phone like that? I can't imagine actually using it...how useless. Horn phones are more attractive - but I thought it was my age!

Nukke said...

So beautiful old post card!!! That phone costs more than our house :)

Susan Cook said...

I can't believe someone would pay that for a cell phone. Love the little girl in her blue dress.

Auntie E said...

Now that's a cell! I'd have a hard time using it out in public. Like wearing that Blue diamond Necklace in Titanic out.It screams look, take me! Happy RT

srp said...

I agree with you.. it is hideous. No amount of precious diamonds or rubies will ever make it beautiful.

Ralph said...

This is way too cool for me - and I would hate to have left this on the plane...

Homemom3 said...

I agree it is hideous, but also how in the world could one use it without taking the snake off. It would bug me too much. I can picture people buying it though.