Pansy O'Hara


Margret Mitchell had originally named Gone With the Wind's heroine Pansy! Her editor pleaded with her to change the name to Scarlett. The Southern belle spitfire certainly was no Pansy! Ms. O'Hara was a survivor through and through:)




Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS.

17 cool cats commented:

Maria Berg said...

My link should be alltkangronska @ gmail.com with NO blank space.

/MB
Or you med my link to the postvan, it i here,

http://alltkangronska.blogspot.com/2009/05/mellow-yellow-monday-cars.html

Simply Debbie said...

HAPPY SATURDAY MARIE
I did not know that about Scarlet....Pansy would have never worked
very interesting...I love to learn little facts like that
very creative to put the pansy with it
when I get time I am going to join your postcard friday....I collect vintage postcards...I love postcards
Happy Fathers Day to the men in your life
hugs
debbie

Starman said...

We Pansies protest the association of our good name with things less than stellar.

Catherine said...

Obviously, Scarlet sounds better for her temperament !
The shy Violet wouldn't have been a good idea either.

Anonymous said...

Scarlett was the perfect name for our heroine. Sounds so great with the southern drawl, too! I had a childhood friend named Scarlett:)
Love your post!
Hugs,
Lynn

ChaChaneen said...

Hello my friend, I'm catching up on your blog today! That burger phone is so much fun, I bet the boys lurve it!

I agree, Pansy just doesn't ring the was Scarlett does! Who would have thought! ha ha

Hope your having a great day!

Unknown said...

Scarlett O'Hara sounds perfect tehn and now!!

Pietro Brosio said...

Lovely post!
Happy Sunday, Marie!

Deanna said...

Can you imagine Rhett falling in love with a woman named Pansy??? Doesn't work...thank gooodness someone thought of Scarlett!

Deanna :D

pchickki said...

Love it Marie!
Oh by the way, you package is on the way to your Mothers House.
Have a great day
Hugs
Patti

lorhen82 said...

Pansy would never have done! Scarlett was the perfect name for this little vixen! ~Lori

Cezar and Léia said...

Adorable!
What a fabulous red in this flower!
ENERGY! Be always happy and have a great week Marie!
Léia

Darla: Retro Ways said...

I never knew that Pansy wouldnt have worked as well Scarlett is much more fit for her part! ♥

Sparky said...

PANSY??!!?? No way. That's a servants name, not a grand southern belle like Miss O'Hara.

Beth Niquette said...

Egad. I had NO idea.

Pansy would never have made it...I'm glad they decided on Scarlett.

Gracious!!!!

(grin)

Ann said...

my all time favorite..have seen it over 30 times!! have it on dvd..2 of them..regular and the collectors special edition!i also am the proud owner of a 1938 edition of GWTW. needless to say..loved this post!! I won't even get started on Mr.Gable.........!!!!!!!!!!!!

Janie said...

I think I'd heard that before. Thank goodness her name was changed to Scarlett!