Thanksgiving Vintage Postcard

vintage postcard


This vintage postcard is a heart - warming humdinger! Look closely at the plates in front of the handsome chaps. They are empty! These boys are cutting air...... or maybe they are stabbing the last pea off their plates :)

Yuck! Who likes peas anyway? vintage postcards

Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS
vintage postcards

14 cool cats commented:

Starman said...

Here's another site that may interest you: http://nouveausiecle.blogspot.com/

Vodka Mom said...

I love that postcard! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday!!

M.K. said...

I think they're just so distracted by the blazing beauty in between them that they aren't paying attention to the food!!

You were born in Mobile?? I lived just north of Montgomery. Boy, you have to have lived in that area to know how to properly pronounce those names!

Catherine said...

That's an illustration for our expression "to live on love and fresh air" but for us French, we say "fresh water". That way, it is perfect with your Thanksgiving card, Marie.

Mescrap said...

May be they negotiate which part to go first :P

MuseSwings said...

They're too in love to notice -plus all they have for dinner is Turkey and apples and some little round things in a dish. I'd be cutting air too - where's my mashed potatoes!!

Betsy Brock said...

I agree with the others...they are too mesmerized with the girl to notice their empty plates! And look at that huge bird! :)

Pat said...

Gee, I saw this entirely differently. I was thinking she had been aghast at her brothers' bad table manners at past dinners, and was having them practice manipulating their knives and forks...

soulbrush said...

ha ha she's got the whole bird in front of her though. oooh i love peas (but then i'm wierd anyway!)

Starman said...

Why has no one mentioned how very much like you the girl in the postcard looks?

papel1 said...

I think they are pounding their plates demanding some turkey. Great postcard.
Judy

Carmi Cimicata said...

I love this little card!

Webradio said...

Always cute here...
See You later Marie...

Profile Not Available said...

I don't think my children ever look that nice that the table. We start out the day with the best intentions, but something always looks amiss by the time dinner rolls around!

Another great card!