Cadbury Cake

vintage postcards

I made a chocolate cake last night at 3 am ! Hooray for insomnia! It was the perfect cake - warm, spongy and allllll mine:) vintage postcards

Q: What do you get when you cross an insomniac, an agnostic, and a dyslexic?
A: Someone who stays up all night wondering if there is a Dog.


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

21 cool cats commented:

Vodka Mom said...

I LOVE Cadbury Eggs! I just adore caramel, and these are the only eggs I will eat!!

That was a fantastic card! I'm sorry about the insomnia. I woke up at 5:00 (because of the time change, I think) and couldn't get back to sleep. So, I blog surfed instead!!!)

Webradio said...

Marie, You are the best...

Have You eaten all the cake ???

Mescrap said...

It's must be so great to serve your family the cake in the early morning.

Sparky said...

That is a beautiful care. What a great gal you are! Chocolate cake for breakfast!! YUM!! I can almost taste it now ... [drool] ♥ ∞

Sparky said...

I meant to type "cake" not "care". Sorry. [blush] ♥ ∞

Tess Kincaid said...

Yum!! Love the question/answer!

Betsy Brock said...

Yum! I'd eat warm chocolate cake at any hour!

Katie said...

Ah, Cadbury chocolate. I just found a little candy shop in SF that sells the cool Cadbury candybars that I bought in London! I want a piece of your cake, please.

Pat said...

Ha! I love your riddle and I sure love chocolate cake... I used to like Cadbury eggs, but I think my taste buds have changed, for now I find them too sweet.

MuseSwings said...

Mmmm warm chocolate cake! I'll take just a smidge, dear! Vodka Mom mentioned Cadbury eggs right off the top and now I'm sitting here thinking about the chocolate delights of Easter.

Tanya Breese said...

I love Cadbury Creme Eggs at Easter time. Thank goodness they are only out at Easter ;)

I want some of your chocolate cake!

Lori said...

Ooh, I can't believe the smell of chocolate cake baking didn't wake everyone up. It would've had me out of bed in a second!

Profile Not Available said...

Funny joke! I loved these eggs when I was little!

Daryl said...

That is very funny.

My mom who did not like chocolate all that much did enjoy a Cadbury Egg every spring/Easter/Passover ... but just the one ...

Really I could never do that .. I am a chocoholic

:-Daryl

Ming said...

Haha! It took me a minute to get that. Good one.

p.s. I'm back from the wedding.

Starman said...

Shall I bring my own fork?

marc aurel said...

I love your post cards. May I tag you? Perhaps you can tag the French for me.

I'm tagging you, if you haven't been so tagged already.

The Vintage Kitten said...

Cadburys is my favourite chocolate. The joke was so funny!

Anonymous said...

Yummmmm...warm cake. Hopefully served with a healthy-sized spoon full of ice cream on top! Okay where is my fork? Marie, too tempting for words...

Starman said...

At last, we can breathe again!

I LOVE FRANCE said...

My goodness baking at 3am ur energetic .
Did you have a slice at that time or did you wait until the next day.
If it was me id eat it right away