Napoleon's Wedding Night

vintage postcards

Josephine's dog Fortune bit ole Nappy on the leg on their wedding night! Fortune didn't want to share his warm bed with the general. Ouch! vintage postcards

I am currently obsessed with Napoleon. I just ordered 10 books on him and can't wait to geek out. My name is Marie and I am a historyaholic.


Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS

13 cool cats commented:

Starman said...

10 books? I hope they all have a new perspective for you.

Tanya Breese said...

lol, he's lucky he only got bit on the leg ;)
10 books, that should keep you busy for a while. I get so excited when I order new books and can hardly wait for them to arrive! Enjoy!

Catherine said...

I love biography, especially Russian historical character? That way , you and me will get 2 opposite vision of the same conquest.

Tess Kincaid said...

Oh, me too!! And I really obsess on a certain historical figure or event until I move on to the next.

Fun fact about the dog!

Webradio said...

Nice story Marie...
10 books ? Oh là là !

Pretty affiche...

Have a good day...

Sparky said...

You're gonna be a Busy Bee reading all those books! Can't wait to hear more about him. He was an interesting leader. I'm just as obsessive with family genealogy books and will disappear for 'days' in my office reading, researching, photocopying ... [sigh] ha ha ♥ ∞

MuseSwings said...

May years ago there was a chicken stand near us called Chicken Boneapart. It's got nothing to do with your very interesting post. It's just a tiny peek at how my mind works.

soulbrush said...

hilarious story, you are obsessed, probably no more than people who still cry over elvis presley! hugs.

Vodka Mom said...

I ADORE history! However, I will let YOU read all about Napoleon, and then wait for you to report to US! Have a great day, Marie!!!

MuseSwings said...

Stop by - I have an award for you on Friday's post!

Betsy Brock said...

Well, admitting you have a problem is the first step toward recovery! tee-hee! Enjoy your books! And I'm sure we will get to enjoy some more tidbits you learn along the way!

Lori said...

"ole Nappy" -- LOL! :D

Anonymous said...

Yeah! History rocks... make sure u fill us in all the interesting stuff u learn!