French Wedding Cake

vintage postcards

This is a Croquembouche! Cream filled puff pastry is threaded together with caramel to form this very French wedding cake. They are usually decorated with candied almonds and chocolate flowers. Yum! vintage postcards



Enjoy this quirky post? Get future vintage postcard updates sent to you for free! Join by email or RSS
vintage postcards

21 cool cats commented:

MuseSwings said...

Looks delightful and delicious!

Ming said...

Delicious!

Betsy Brock said...

Yum! I'd like to sneak a taste...maybe in the back where nobody will notice? :D

Starman said...

Almost too pretty to eat.

Catherine said...

one of the good reason to get married.

M.K. said...

It is breath-takingly gorgeous. But...how does one cut it? Or do the guests each just pluck off a single pastry?

soulbrush said...

omg now this is cake!!!yum yum, forget the usual type of wedding cake, this is yummy.

Daryl said...

The Lladro (sp?) is lovely, my Aunt collects them.......the cake looks YUM


:-Daryl

Tess Kincaid said...

Ooo-la-la! Looks decadent!!

Webradio said...

Bonsoir Marie...

Ils sont tout mignons les petits mariés...

A bientôt...

Sparky said...

Oh my goodness that looks absolutely deliciously sinful!! YUM! I've always said, the French have the best food in the world. ♥ ∞

ayamlin said...

Hi Marie!
this picture is really cute!
I like the type of pictures:)
and French wedding cake is really incredible.
I started learning how to make sweets last month.
Because I wanted to be able to make French sweets.
I admire France!

Dots said...

Wow!! Yummy and Cute in that order.. You have a very interesting blog.

Lori said...

I don't know which of those is sweeter. :)

Katie said...

As much as I'd hate to have to destroy that beautiful wedding "cake", I wouldn't hesitate to eat as many of those pastries as I could stuff in my mouth. YUM!

Mescrap said...

Such a romance postcard I ever seen :)

Pat said...

I remember attending a party (not a wedding, though) where there was a "piece montee" like this one, and we picked it all apart...yum.

Marina said...

Delicious! How can I have a piece of it?LOL!

Pietro Brosio said...

Fantastic cake, it must be very good!
I am finding only now your new blog, I always clicked on the previous one which has stopped at 8th october!

Vodka Mom said...

I absolutely LOVE the cake (yummy) and the postcard as well!!!!!

Anonymous said...

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.... That looks so divine! I love profiteroles! I had a profiterole cake one birthday.. yummy!