Let's Roll in a Pilain Vintage Car



The French car company Rolland
Pilain toots it own horn with the slogan, 'An Ace of a car - The car for aces.' ( L'As des voiture - La voiture des as)



Emile Pilain built the French Ford T's in the early 1900's. This 25 year old from Lyon loved to test, tinker, and build his dreams.

The most popular 'Ferrari' of this era was the Rolland Pilain C23 (shown on the above vintage postcard). This car motored around after it's launch in 1905. About 10,000 were produced! A few still exist and cruise around French motorways. I would like to be in the driver's seat!

You can now subscribe via email to this vintage postcard blog! Just tap in your email address and feed blitz will send the daily post straight to your inbox! Ohlala, I can't wait to see you again! vintage postcards

7 cool cats commented:

Tracy P. said...

Wow! This is quite the interesting and unique blog! Not to mention beautiful and bilingual. C'est magnifique!

Katie said...

Oh I agree -- what fun to drive around the French countryside in that vintage Rolland Pilain C23! I see you're site has gone bilingual. I'll have to check out the French version so I can learn not only about your postcards, but brush up on my French for when I visit! Soon I promise to comment in French.

B said...

I really like the redesign of your site! It looks great! These cars are wonderful. It would be fun to drive around the countryside in one of these!

David said...

Marie, When I was in high school a friend's father owned a Model T that we would take out on the road. Thanks for bringing back such great memories. David

Starman said...

The C23 is a classic. I'll bet there's at least one in the car show that's held in Paris each year.

Unknown said...

found you via SITS...love your blog layout/design... great stuff! Happy Friday!

Unknown said...

I really dig these old cars, Marie-Toe! I would love to take a historic driving tour of France in one of these beauties. It would be like riding in a time machine!