Daddy - O Day à la Vintage Postcards

Father's Day AKA Daddy - O Day is on its way! This cool way of addressing your Pop came from the 1958 B film entitled 'Daddy-O' (of course). John Williams wrote his very first score for this film.


The music is called 'crime jazz' because it is similar to the music heard on TV detective shows of the period. Never heard of John Williams? He also wrote the scores for teeny weeny films like Stars Wars and Indiana Jones!




Forget the lousy neck tie you were planning on springing for! A vintage postcard would be a much nicer gift for Daddy - O Day!

Please subscribe here to my cpaphil - vintage postcard blog. Ohlala, I can't wait to see you again!

7 cool cats commented:

Marie Reed said...

Who has seen the new Indiana Jones flick? It got mixed reviews but I LOVED IT! That movie creamed my coffee! The costumes were so vintage too:)

papel1 said...

I absolutely love postcards and your blog. I added your code to link your blog to mine. It is hard to find interesting postcard sites although you will see I have a little bit of everything on mine.
Judy

Katie said...

Marie I haven't seen the new Indiana Jones movie yet; maybe this weekend! I love the Daddy-'O' postcard; never heard of the movie, but is sure a cool advertisement!

Blog Bee said...

Oh my. What the heck? Are there Indy POSTCARDS? Holy Moly! That John Williams fact is so cool! How do you find out all this stuff? You must do tons of research!

Marie Reed said...

Katie! Drop what you're doing .. run ..don't walk to see Mr. Jones. The movie Daddy- O is pretty B which translates to horrible! But.. the music redeems it:)

Marie Reed said...

Hi Blogbee! I have been doing research, research, and more research. But it's fun squared! And... I'm meeting the nicest people:)

Jane Hards Photography said...

I came here by way of Bibi's blog. I am a francophile and have tons of postcards.The moment I saw vintage postcards I had to take a peek. Excellent blog. I can see myself spending virtual time here.